• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fur Pulling in Spayed Does

Cari

Warren Veteran
Alongside being poorly with her abcess, I've just picked up my jumper which I'd left on the floor and it was absolutely full of white fur.

Huge huge clumps of it and enough to fill my dustpan to give you an idea of how much. Judging by how much is there and that it's all white I can only assume it is Ellie's, but she has no bald patches so I can't work out where it's come from!

Obviously both the and Stephen have had their little ops and they've been bonded since December '12 so it's not nest building? Is it?

I've never seen so much fur it's just unreal, I mean it's in huge handful sized clumps. :? And it's all appeared overnight. :? Ideas?

It could be stress. It's not unheard of for a neutered rabbit to "over groom" (i.e. pull their fur out) when stressed. Have you checked the clumps of fur for any skin? Just in case she's been pulling it really hard and wounding herself a bit.

You'd be surprised at how much fur a rabbit can pull before they get bald patches.

No skin, just huge clumps of fur. :( I'm sure she is stressed, she's still squeaking when I touch her.

No skin, just huge clumps of fur. :( I'm sure she is stressed, she's still squeaking when I touch her.

Poor baby girl :( I'm sure she'll calm down once she's feeling a bit better. Has she got lots of things to rip and shred like phone books and cardboard to take her stress out on?

She's slowly destroying their cardboard castle, will put a shoebox in there tonight with the BT book.

:( my poor darling.

It's so difficult when they're poorly and stressed :( They just don't understand that we're trying to help them :( **hugs** fingers crossed the meds get to the root of the problem so that she'll be back to her normal self asap.

Back