• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fruit and Vegtables

bethanj0nes

New Kit
So me and my boyfriend were having a think the other day about fruit and vegetables. We get through alot now with having 2 greedy rabbits, and it can be quite exspensive (which we dont really mind) but we was wondering if anyone knew anywhere that sold or give away fruit and veg that for example cant be sold in supermarkets (we seen the idea on jamie and jimmy). We dont have any close greengrocers within range so was wondering if there are any farms or anything like that, that sells what were looking for. We live in manchester btw and any suggestions would be great

So me and my boyfriend were having a think the other day about fruit and vegetables. We get through alot now with having 2 greedy rabbits, and it can be quite exspensive (which we dont really mind) but we was wondering if anyone knew anywhere that sold or give away fruit and veg that for example cant be sold in supermarkets (we seen the idea on jamie and jimmy). We dont have any close greengrocers within range so was wondering if there are any farms or anything like that, that sells what were looking for. We live in manchester btw and any suggestions would be great

I get the outer leaves of cauliflowers and cabbages, and beetroot and carrot tops from market stalls.

How about going foraging? Hawthorn, dandelions, fresh grass, rose leaves, buddleia ..... etc. Free food!

Best option is to be honest and ask if they have any bits for your rabbits that they don't sell.. if you don't ask, you don't get as they say :)

Most of us don't give our rabbits fruit as it is high in sugar which can upset the gut flora so you don't need to worry about finding fruit. Hay is the most important part of your rabbits' diet with a small amount of pellets and a small amount of veg. Veg must be washed before given to them to hopefully remove any pesticides etc. You can also give them Readigrass which most rabbits like, only a handful every day.

I give my rabbits fruits and vegetables with some pellets for a balanced diet and of course, I carefully wash the fruits and vegetables to make sure that pesticides are completely removed.

My rabbits have a balanced diet and i only give them fruit as a treat. Im just asking where i can get fruit and veg from thats going to be cost effective

Back