• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Friends Make Everything Better

Beapig

Mama Doe
After a worrying 48 hours of being kept indoors, Hammy is like a different bunny this afternoon! This morning I was cradling him in tears, thinking it was his time. He was bloated, lethargic, didn't have much of an appetite at all and just looked utterly depressed.

It occurred to me that maybe he just needed his friends...so despite it being quite windy outside, I scooped him up and carried him back to his girls. He immediately did a huge wee and a whole load of poops. It then didn't take him long to go from looking rather poorly, to running around, grazing the grass, and getting his much loved head grooms from Lily.

I think today has really shown me that whilst medication and special care are so important to recovery, so is having your friends close and being in the familiarity of home. I'm now working on a big plan to make the shed warmer this winter, so my little lad can stay with his ladies where I know he will be his happiest :)

P.S, can you tell that Maple heard something rustle in the bushes? :lol:

This is wonderful news.
I agree with Hammie, that friends, bunny or human ru ones make things better.
They look like a well bonded group, and all look healthy and adorable.
Lilly also seems to have heard something!

After a worrying 48 hours of being kept indoors, Hammy is like a different bunny this afternoon! This morning I was cradling him in tears, thinking it was his time. He was bloated, lethargic, didn't have much of an appetite at all and just looked utterly depressed.

It occurred to me that maybe he just needed his friends...so despite it being quite windy outside, I scooped him up and carried him back to his girls. He immediately did a huge wee and a whole load of poops. It then didn't take him long to go from looking rather poorly, to running around, grazing the grass, and getting his much loved head grooms from Lily.

I think today has really shown me that whilst medication and special care are so important to recovery, so is having your friends close and being in the familiarity of home. I'm now working on a big plan to make the shed warmer this winter, so my little lad can stay with his ladies where I know he will be his happiest :)

P.S, can you tell that Maple heard something rustle in the bushes? :lol:

You've warmed my heart with your decision for Hamilton for the Winter :love: It's what I would have done.

Back