• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freds Fur is Falling Out - U/D 28th March-A Better Day :-)

I hope he cheers up soon Jane :cry: Poor Fred must be missing his mum so badly. I had a bunny who pined for his brother when he died and nothing I did (extra cuddles, new girlie bun, new hutch) could change that. It was devastating for me to watch but I also felt relief when he left me 3months later to join Jake and I buried him next to him. I swear he died of a broken heart. Both buns had lived together for 14 years :cry:

oh no i've just caught up with this. poor Fred. It must be heartbreaking for him and also for you to watch Jane. We shall be thinking of you and Fred today and hope that he starts eating again. Bunny Cuddles for Fred:(

It is hard to believe that all these are psychological changes and changes so fast. Assuming this is psychological, I strongly recommend you to sleep w/ Fred for a few nights, and during the day, whatever body part that his mom licks him, do the same. So if his mom licks behind his ear, I would just tickle behind his ear all day.

In a few days, see what happens. Sending healing vibes to little Fred.

Poor love. It's amazing to see how they react - although horrible I know - and they say humans are the most emotional. I'm not so sure now.

Stay with him, don't leave him on his own....:(

Come on Fred you need to eat!
I know how you feel, I have barely eaten for days too but we must keep going! Sending eating vibes your way...

Fred has eaten some grass and a couple of dandelion leaves. I have given him a groom with some Assissi Lotion which seems to have relaxed him a bit.
Poor boy, last night he really was distressed :cry:

Janex

Poor Fred :cry:
Do buns usually pick up afer a time Jane or do some buns never get over their loss ?

So far all the bereaved Buns I have known recover eventually. Some take as long as 6 months. But sometimes, even after rebonding, the second relationship is never a close as the origional one. That was certainly true for my Jack. He lost his Brother Ronan to a Fox that came into my house. Jack witnessed it all and was very badly traumatised. I eventually managed to bond him with a Doe called Maggie but although they got on well Jack would still take himself off on his own and lie in the spot in the garden he always shared with Ronan ( see pic in my siggie)

Janex

Back