• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fran is going to the Bridge:(

Sending loads and loads of vibes for Fran who is such a plucky and determined sweet girl. I hope she is able to enjoy the summer.

I understand your position entirely. Things can't go on forever, and money is a serious concern as vet bills are something most of us have to face :(

I hope you manage to cope with it all.

Vibes for Fran and hugs for you xx

Compared with my £2500 bill for my poor bridge bun with the broken leg, this isn't too bad. I think the total is about £650 so far. I just want her to have a good quality of life. I will insure any new bun I adopt though. I was intending to have a quad but I won't do that now unless Fran gets a lot better. It would be totally unfair to her.

I worry about her getting flystrike while I am at work. The vet has given me a spray which should help. I am at work now and she is inside so I feel a bit happier.

Thank you everyone for your vibes. Really appreciated

I’m sorry she has deteriorated:cry: topping up the vibes, and sending hugs to you xx

Sending lots of vibes and hugs for you :( I really hope things improve.

Vet bills do suck it's all so expensive - I've spent thousands so far and only had mine a year [emoji38] bunnies are not cheap xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Compared with my £2500 bill for my poor bridge bun with the broken leg, this isn't too bad. I think the total is about £650 so far. I just want her to have a good quality of life. I will insure any new bun I adopt though. I was intending to have a quad but I won't do that now unless Fran gets a lot better. It would be totally unfair to her.

I worry about her getting flystrike while I am at work. The vet has given me a spray which should help. I am at work now and she is inside so I feel a bit happier.

Thank you everyone for your vibes. Really appreciated

I have found insurance a godsend as you don't have to find such a lump sum up front.

I hope things go well for her. And you, it's very stressful and you need to take care of yourself as well x

I have an appointment for Fran to go to the Bridge at 1715. The vet who has looked after her is going to do it, although it is only a short appointment.

I was out of the house for a few hours today and when I got back Fran was on her side unable to get up. Her fur has come off her legs and part of her back and she is bleeding. I have put the spray on her to stop flystrike and put her in the garden with dandelion leaves, carrot and fresh grass. She fell over again but got up this time.

I am working tomorrow from 1000-1100 and then from 1600-2200 and I can't risk her falling and me not being there to help her. I can't not go to work as I have already had a formal warning about the amount of time I have had off sick. I am not allowed to be sick for the next three months or I will have a level two warning:(:(

Fran has had enough. The amount of good times she is having is outweighed by the times I am having to bathe her and give her medication and she is falling and struggling. She is just bone now as she has lost so much weight.

I want to bring her home to bury her and a friend is coming over later tonight to dig the hole. It may be very late when he finishes work but I didn't want to leave it until tomorrow when another friend could do it.

I am a complete mess and not sure how I am going to drive to the vet in the rush hour:(:(:(

I have an appointment for Fran to go to the Bridge at 1715. The vet who has looked after her is going to do it, although it is only a short appointment.

I was out of the house for a few hours today and when I got back Fran was on her side unable to get up. Her fur has come off her legs and part of her back and she is bleeding. I have put the spray on her to stop flystrike and put her in the garden with dandelion leaves, carrot and fresh grass. She fell over again but got up this time.

I am working tomorrow from 1000-1100 and then from 1600-2200 and I can't risk her falling and me not being there to help her. I can't not go to work as I have already had a formal warning about the amount of time I have had off sick. I am not allowed to be sick for the next three months or I will have a level two warning:(:(

Fran has had enough. The amount of good times she is having is outweighed by the times I am having to bathe her and give her medication and she is falling and struggling. She is just bone now as she has lost so much weight.

I want to bring her home to bury her and a friend is coming over later tonight to dig the hole. It may be very late when he finishes work but I didn't want to leave it until tomorrow when another friend could do it.

I am a complete mess and not sure how I am going to drive to the vet in the rush hour:(:(:(
I'm so so sorry :(

I wish there was something I could say, but I don't think there is :(

Stay strong, sending so many hugs at this awful time xxxx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry to read this [emoji17] It's such a difficult decision to have to make but sounds like the right one now for Fran.

I will be keeping you both in my thoughts this evening xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so sorry to read your update.

Sending hugs, love and peaceful vibes to Fran and yourself.

Thinking of you both. xx

I'm so very sorry,most of us on here have lost our little friends at some point.You are doing right by her,hugs to you.x

I am sorry :cry:

Back