• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found a Bunny!

And.........He has just gone home :p:cry:
His family though he was dead! He (had) a friend who was killed by a dog which dug into there run under the hutch probably early hours of sunday morning. They found the body :cry: of the other bun so assumed he was dead too. 2 little girls were very pleased to see him today :love:
Sooo i am a bit sad as we will miss him, however on the plus side we can look at rehoming a bun or 2 now ASAP which means another one will be out of rescue and coming home to us!

Hope you gave them lots of help with dog proofing ideas and also about getting a friend for him - sounds more like a fox tbh and he WILL be back - night and day to get the little chap.

Yeah, I'd be totally weary about giving it back. Was it their dog that killed the other one? If so, I'd want to make sure that they properly protected him this time around, else he might not be so lucky next time. Also, I agree with regards to him having a new partner. Maybe suggest they come with you to adopt another one themselves.

Poor guy must've gone through a lot between Sunday morning and when you found him on Monday. Seeing his mate killed and then being out lost, then back in a strange house. He's just lucky that a kind person like you found him and took him in.

Back