• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For Yvette. Lily's Story.Pt2 p16/ Pt3 p30

Awe :love::love: I hope they have human sized burrows for when I get there!

Daisy is anxious to know if it's true that there are Fenugreek Crunchie trees there that drop FCs when you just look up at them and wish for one! She also wants to know if there is a good shopping mall stocked with all the things a Doe could need!

Awe :love::love: I hope they have human sized burrows for when I get there!

Daisy is anxious to know if it's true that there are Fenugreek Crunchie trees there that drop FCs when you just look up at them and wish for one! She also wants to know if there is a good shopping mall stocked with all the things a Doe could need!

Yes it's true about the trees. At Rainbow Bridge there is everything a bun could hope for x10.

That's really sweet :) I have yet to lose a bunny, thankfully, but I did lose my beautiful cat Toffee and it's nice to think of them somewhere comfy and happy :)

Me too :) It could be a book and someone could do pictures and then sell it for rescue funds! I'll buy 10! There. I've placed my order :D

Me too :) It could be a book and someone could do pictures and then sell it for rescue funds! I'll buy 10! There. I've placed my order :D

This story was because I asked Rabswood to do it....its helping me so much with losing my little girl.
Im sure if Rabswood was to write a story similar it would help kids understand losing a pet.

Part 3. The Party

What was once a relatively open space with bunnies scattered here and there is now bustling with giddy bunnies of all colours and descriptions, REW’s Dutchies, Agouties, Nethies and more. Some with uppy, some with helicopter and some with tiny Nethie ears but all were twitching with excitement. There are piles of freshly cut carrot tops and aromatic herbs all around and the parsnip juice is plentiful. A mound of soil had been piled up in the middle and a fluffy bunster going by the name of Womble addresses the crowd. ‘Quite all yous bunnehs, quite I say... as yous know we are all gathered here for Lily Shane’s ‘Welcome to the Bridge’ party. Please put your paws together and welcome on to the mound Lileeeeeeeee Shayyyyyyyyne’ all the bunnies cheer and stamp their thumpers as Lily climbs to the top of the mound. She is wearing her tutu and carefully fluffs it out. ‘Speech, speech’ the bunnies cry. Lily clears her throat ‘thank you all for the lovely welcome, the Bridge is more than I could ever imagine, it is bunderful. I remember hearing stories when I was a kit but I didn’t know if it was true. If I may I would like to sing a song for those I have left behind, my hoomin mummy, my special brother Bee Bee, Lady Bun, Roland and not forgetting that noisy bird. When my hoomin mummy came to my rescue she didn’t know how long I would survives so we both agreed to try our very best but not make any promises. So this song is for my family on the other side of the Bridge. Lily begins to sing. ‘No Promises‘ by Shayne Ward ‘when we are together, doing things that we love…’ and bunnies in the crowd hold paws and start to sway. Lily’s little voice trembles ‘I don’t want to run away; I want to stay forever, through time and time. No promises’ Tears well up in the eyes of some of the buns in the crowd as they think back to their families who live at the other side of the Bridge ‘now I need to hold you tight, I just wanna die in your arms’. The burrow is now almost silent, suddenly and to the crowds amazement Lily whips off her tutu to reveal a pair of tight gold hot pants and starts to sing ‘I'm spinning around move out of my way I know you're feelin' me 'cuz you like it like this, I'm breakin' it down I'm not the same I know you're feelin' me 'cuz you like it like this’ the crowd goes wild and the bunnies start to dance.

The party continues until dawn with dancing and party games. Munchin wins first prize for the best guess at ‘How high can the Guinea pig pop-corn?’ guessing game, Charlie leads the Conga line and Peggy and Sue both cheat at ‘Spin the Bottle’ so that they get to kiss all the bucks. The bunnies just manage to get a couple of hour’s sleepings in before the voice of Great Uncle Beige the third can be heard echoing down the burrow ‘Come on everybun, its dawn and time for pilates on the lawn’.

You are so clever. I'm now :cry::cry::cry:, but happy that I know my little Squidgy is having fun.

I'm crying again.

That is so lovely. Sue and Peggy probably would love to kiss all the bucks:oops: They were typical norty BARC bunsters. I like to think of them together at the Bridge as they had such a close bond and Sue never totally recovered from Peggy's death.

:love::love::love::love::love::(:(:(:( Its so beautifully written and such vivid imagery....Im sat here in tears! Thankyou for sharing this ....to think that all the animals we have loved and lost still remember us who loved them and that they are happy together in such a magical place....
Id love to buy a book like this......I think id read it again and again when ever I was sad missing them....I know you can buy stories where you put in your childs or friends names...with this we could maybe put in our pets names....thankyou so much....I think I will print this off to show my family:love:

Back