• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Flopsy - GI Stasis, didnt save her, Flopsy has passed

:cry::cry::cry:

OMG my heart is so sore, I just cant stop crying. I keep asking myself what if I got to the vet sooner, what if I didnt have her tooth extracted last week, what if, what if, what if???

I never realised how painful this was going to be, I havent slept, I havent eaten, I got up this morning and my eyes were sticking together with crying.

I dont even know what happened at the vets, I am hoping she just slipped away and didnt suffer cause I think she was pretty close to it when I took her to the vets. She was all floppy..I just hope she went quite quickly.

I brought Flopsy home and my husband made a box to bury her in the garden. I just stroked her and cradled her and brushed her...I didnt want to let her go.

Today I am going to go and get a plaque made and try to do some nice things with happy thoughts of her and try to erase my last thoughts of her from my mind cause it wasnt nice.

Please tell me that this will get better cause I keep thinking that I am all cried out and then more tears come

Susan xx

RIP my little Flopsy baby, from mummy xx

Of course it will get better :) I'm so sorry again for your loss :cry:

I think that a plaque would be lovely :) Perhaps you could even plant a little rose bush on top of her grave if you wanted? How about making a photo collage of all your happy memories with her?

You can't rush the grieving process, it just takes time, but you will feel better soon and remember the good times.

I doubt Floppy would have felt very much or been aware of very much either. Consciousness tends to shut down and what you see is all the autonomic stuff kicking in, i'm sure she slipped away peacefully. You did everything you could for her, no one can do more than that. Take care x

I'm so sorry you lost Flopsy. :( It will get better, I promise. You will still miss her, but it will feel less raw over time. x

How horrible for you:cry: It hurts so much, I know, I think of my bridge bun Binky every day and have a white dove that reminds me of him, on my dressing table. I look at it every day and wish I knew more back then. (6 years ago.)

But it doesn't hurt as much as it did then, although I have a lump in my throat now:(

At least Flopsy is well loved and, by the sounds of it, had a really good vet:) She was a very lucky bun to have you.

:cry: You did everything you could for Flopsy, she was lucky to have such a caring bunny mummy. My thoughts are with you xx

Back