• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

flease how do u get rid of them.

If he starts sneezing more frequently then antibiotics will help. Poppy was sneezing quite a lot on and off but just 4 days of antibiotics and she has improved greatly. That cost £33 as well as a check up so maybe you can use that as a basis and save a little each week :) she sneezes from a combination of her teeth and dust.

As for the p@h stuff, my friends guinea wigs had a bad reaction to it and she ended up paying even more for the vets and proper treatment :? But I have no experience with bunnies and fleas, only cats. And me lol... I still have scars on my legs from my nans dog bringing them in the house :roll:

in about 2 or 4 weeks ill have the money to take him and sort everything out while im there. ive been keeping a very close eye on him at the moment i always do when ever i use something new and he doesnt seem bothered at all hes just noming his hay. hes not sneezed today yet last time he did was yesterday. the only thing thats bothered me that hes done today is that he hasnt eaten all his food which is weird but not too weird. i think he orefers the hay now lol i get it from that range store thats just around corner only costs me 4 quid and its a very large bale.

i wont use bob martin stuff on any animal i know better lol that stuff is really bad for pets. the johnsons stuff isnt too bad depends on the pet really :)

ive done everything now scooters been sprayed, rooms been hovered, beds been stripped and hovered, ive put the quils in a bin bag im gonna keep them in there until friday or thursday and then wash them.

hopefully that will have done everything i checked scooter and i cudnt see anything on him at all. :? i checked dog couldnt seen anything on her either :? so i dont know its fleas or some bug or something :( i just hope thats the end of it for now.

as for scooters sneezing he hasnt done it since yesterday when i was using the spray and stuff i opened window and put him in his carried and moved him as close to window covered his carrier and put some quilts in there. the room was boiling so he didnt get too cold and i only had it open for 10 -15 mins. :)

I wouldn't treat any animal (much less rabbits) for fleas unless you know it has fleas. People on here always seem to rush out and get flea treatment for their pets just because one of their pets has fleas :? I don't get it. My dogs get fleas sometimes and my rabbits and most of my cats don't get any. No reason to treat all the animals with chemicals for no reason, chemicals are only to be used when necessary.

I wouldn't treat any animal (much less rabbits) for fleas unless you know it has fleas. People on here always seem to rush out and get flea treatment for their pets just because one of their pets has fleas :? I don't get it. My dogs get fleas sometimes and my rabbits and most of my cats don't get any. No reason to treat all the animals with chemicals for no reason, chemicals are only to be used when necessary.

i know but hes rarely exposed to anything. and even though i checked him he still cud have had them.

normally i wudnt but i though i best make sure just in case.

Shadow without treating the environment they will just jump back on him or you, if there are any about.

As long as he doesnt have symptoms of fleas I wouldnt worry too much, although when you do take him to the vet I would ask the vet about it.

I get flea bites sometimes, its normally just ones you get from grass/plants and bring in on your clothes. But I dont worry about the buns as fleas are usually species specific (and I dont have any other animals to worry about), they will bite other animals but cant live on them. I check the buns, and watch for symptoms but otherwise dont worry, they can of course carry myxi and vhd but the buns are vaccinated.

Shadow without treating the environment they will just jump back on him or you, if there are any about.

As long as he doesnt have symptoms of fleas I wouldnt worry too much, although when you do take him to the vet I would ask the vet about it.

I get flea bites sometimes, its normally just ones you get from grass/plants and bring in on your clothes. But I dont worry about the buns as fleas are usually species specific (and I dont have any other animals to worry about), they will bite other animals but cant live on them. I check the buns, and watch for symptoms but otherwise dont worry, they can of course carry myxi and vhd but the buns are vaccinated.

yea but my main worry is mixie and vhd at the moment because hes not vaccinated i have every intention of getting him done but the money is none existant at the moment. so while hes not got the vaccinations id rather be very careful.

ive not been biten since i did everything and scooters still not sneezed either which is more surprising. so i think it was just the dust cause this house does get very dusty so ill hover up more often now that i know.

i try not to worry but hes the only pet i hve left after paddy died and i do spend a lot of time with him now that college is over and i dont have a job. i basically mope around the house most days doing nothing. :(

Why don't you get out and about and maybe do some volunteering as well as be really proactive with your job hunting? If you're moping around the house, it's not going to help your situation improve, although it might feel easier and Scooter might love the company :lol:

Why don't you get out and about and maybe do some volunteering as well as be really proactive with your job hunting? If you're moping around the house, it's not going to help your situation improve, although it might feel easier and Scooter might love the company :lol:

This is great advice, volunteering looks great on a cv. It could also help you gain valuable experience, volunteering a charity shop will give you experience in retail and customer service which will give you an edge when applying for other jobs.

Also, have a look at your cv and make sure it looks proffessional, doesnt have any grammatical or spelling errors etc and makes you seem enthusiastic, hardworking etc as a good cv is so, so important. Emphasise your flexability.

And when you go out, take at least 10 cvs with you, make sure theyre not folded or creased, and make sure you look presentable. You never know when you may see a sign advertising positions, and when buying things you can always ask if the shop has any jobs, and if not many places will let you keep a cv 'on file', although dont rely on them getting back to you if you gave it to them over a month ago.

Last edited:

i suppose i cud but with it getting colder im restricted on wat i can do. i cant get very far walking cause my legs are still bad from a couple of years ago and im still trying build them up easily without putting to much strain on them. i dont know if he does lol seems very happy these days when hes not lounging around his cage. when i let him out he has a run around goes a bit crazy and then when everythings to much for him he goes to sleep on my bed lol while i watch tv :lol:

i suppose i cud but with it getting colder im restricted on wat i can do. i cant get very far walking cause my legs are still bad from a couple of years ago and im still trying build them up easily without putting to much strain on them. i dont know if he does lol seems very happy these days when hes not lounging around his cage. when i let him out he has a run around goes a bit crazy and then when everythings to much for him he goes to sleep on my bed lol while i watch tv :lol:

Just because you're restricted, doesn't mean that there is nothing you can do. It's about learning to live within your means and find what works for you. There are plenty of things you can do inside, or that do short bursts of walking, or sitting down, or whatever.

The more you sit and 'stagnate' at home, the worse it will be for you, sadly.

This is great advice, volunteering looks great on a cv. It could also help you gain valuable experience, volunteering a charity shop will give you experience in retail and customer service which will give you an edge when applying for other jobs.

Also, have a look at your cv and make sure it looks proffessional, doesnt have any grammatical or spelling errors etc and makes you seem enthusiastic, hardworking etc as a good cv is so, so important. Emphasise your flexability.

And when you go out, take at least 10 cvs with you, make sure theyre not folded or creased, and make sure you look presentable. You never know when you may see a sign advertising positions, and when buying things you can always ask if the shop has any jobs, and if not many places will let you keep a cv 'on file', although dont rely on them getting back to you if you gave it to them over a month ago.

from wat my advisor and a couple of people have said is that its really good i have 3 different ones depending on the job that im going for :)

i havent handed cvs out yet because i still cant walk far which is a bit bad but im working on it. ive been doing some thinking about it. loads of people have asked why dont i go out jogging and id love to go do that but i cant run literally some times i can and some times i cant. and if i can not for very far. :(

Just because you're restricted, doesn't mean that there is nothing you can do. It's about learning to live within your means and find what works for you. There are plenty of things you can do inside, or that do short bursts of walking, or sitting down, or whatever.

The more you sit and 'stagnate' at home, the worse it will be for you, sadly.

i know the funny thing is when im out doing some thing like when i was doing work experience at college i was every doing everything lol all on my own once i start i wont stop until im done i dont know why ive always been like that and then the next day i suffer :lol: i like to be doing stuff. if i had the choice id always be doing something but where i live u cant go for a run or walk without some idiot saying something. ive been picked onn that many times around my own home that i wont go out around here, its just safer. :(

i know the funny thing is when im out doing some thing like when i was doing work experience at college i was every doing everything lol all on my own once i start i wont stop until im done i dont know why ive always been like that and then the next day i suffer :lol: i like to be doing stuff. if i had the choice id always be doing something but where i live u cant go for a run or walk without some idiot saying something. ive been picked onn that many times around my own home that i wont go out around here, its just safer. :(

So you need to learn to limit yourself so that you don't suffer the next day (can be very hard to learn, but it important to do so).

Most volunteering and suchlike won't involve you walking around your neighbourhood, so don't worry (just don't offer to walk neighbours dogs or anything :lol:).

I know how hard it can be because I'm very physically limited with what I can and can't do (nowadays I need a rest if I climb a flight of stairs) but I still find ways to volunteer and get out, make a difference, etc. It's about being creative, proactive and fighting for it. Often though, people don't realise how valuable volunteering is until they do it (and it will also look good on a CV especially if you have been out of work). I hope you can find something for you to do, it could be exceptionally good for you :)

Back