• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First big forage of the year :)

I didn't know they could have that sticky stuff ......just been an picked some in the garden and given it to them to munch on :)

I've got lots of nettles in my garden too but they don't seem interested in them...:?

Thanks Donna, I've seen that about, but didn't know what it was:oops:

nor did i a year ago and its Alvins favourite :oops: i used to collect just leaves now i give them the branch too and he loves it... holly still goes for sprouts first but alvin chooses hawthorn over everything else :shock:

Mine arent interested in nettles, but love brambles.
Went into the local orchard the other day.....got some wondeful specimens which are now bald and slightly chewed.

ETA my Buddlia is getting it bad!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:And my hebes....and something else which spreads,has tiny leaves and little tiny blue/purply flowers.Hope thats safe stuff...........:shock::shock:

Last edited:
nor did i a year ago and its Alvins favourite :oops: i used to collect just leaves now i give them the branch too and he loves it... holly still goes for sprouts first but alvin chooses hawthorn over everything else :shock:

I will be out foraging this weekend:D

I didn't know they could have that sticky stuff ......just been an picked some in the garden and given it to them to munch on :)

I've got lots of nettles in my garden too but they don't seem interested in them...:?

We have loads of dandelions in the front garden, but not many nettles, I need to see what I can get Jon to plant, I bought some plantain seeds from Hay Experts to grow in pots. Last year we put carrots in tubs, just for the tops rather than the roots:oops::oops: Next door has a veggie patch in his back garden I think we need to follow suit;)

Could you post some pictures of the hawthorn please:D I need to start doing this, but I'm a bit nervous about picking the wrong things:oops: (hubby doesn't let me near the garden):oops:

Tried to PM you pics, but your inbox is full :wave:

BunniesLJMay2001andParisatPoole098.jpg

BunniesLJMay2001andParisatPoole099.jpg

BunniesLJMay2001andParisatPoole101.jpg

BunniesLJMay2001andParisatPoole102.jpg

Thanks for your advice on drying hawthorne!! The buns cant get enough of it!! Can you over feed hawthourne? Dried or Fresh?:?

Back