• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FINALLY got a litter tray big enough for 2 Frenchies. A lot of pics!

Great idea :thumb:

With this in mind I guess you could buy two under bed storage boxes (or similar), drill holes in one, then stack them on top of one another :D

With this in mind I guess you could buy two under bed storage boxes (or similar), drill holes in one, then stack them on top of one another :D

I did consider this but I wondered if the drill holes would compromise the structural integrity of an underbed box as it was not designed for this? I guess it wouldn't matter so much with a smaller bun but for a Frenchie it could cause issues!!

If someone does do this though I'd love to know how you get on!

Ooh!

What a good idea. I had some split ones I could've done this with (they seem to split with the cold in winter sometimes when we empty them on the compost) but instead drilled holes and used them as plant pots. Obviously the hay would need changing after a while but for every day the newspaper could be in the bottom one and just get replaced. I could do with doing the lops tray every day but it's such a struggle for me so maybe this would be an answer.

I did consider this but I wondered if the drill holes would compromise the structural integrity of an underbed box as it was not designed for this? I guess it wouldn't matter so much with a smaller bun but for a Frenchie it could cause issues!!

If someone does do this though I'd love to know how you get on!

I've drilled holes in split boxes for using as plant containers and they're fine.

Back