• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally building my hutch! U/D Whole setup finally finished!

I didn't think Xena would get it so quickly (she's partially blind) but she was through with no problem and hopping about. They all ADORE their shelf. Thank you Tamsin for the brilliant idea. :love:

Just hope I can figure out how to do my run.

Finally my outdoor setup is complete! I have adapted my run to fit my hutch, added another layer of mesh, painted it to match and put a load of bolts and catches on it. Not fox is getting in there. :lol:

Buns are currently enjoying some fresh air and are absolutely loving their new setup. :love: All I need to do is get some nice vet bed to go inside the hutch. It's already got lino down, but I want to make sure Fiver's hocks aren't affected by it.

I want to move in with them! :lol:

All in all it's cost me between £170-£200 to do the full lot. :thumb:

Very nicely done! The shelve/bedspace worked out really good too - with them in it you can see just how much space they've got!

Definitely add something over the lino, it's good for cleaning but something with more cushioning is good for reducing the pressure. Having the outside space on grass should be great for that too.

Very nicely done! The shelve/bedspace worked out really good too - with them in it you can see just how much space they've got!

Definitely add something over the lino, it's good for cleaning but something with more cushioning is good for reducing the pressure. Having the outside space on grass should be great for that too.

I've put down a load of towels but I underestimated the size of the hutch. :lol: I have lots of towels but I've struggled to cover everything. I've had a look on ebay for some vet bed but finding it difficult to get the size I want. :? Nevermind, I've been messaging places to see if they can cut it to the size I want. If not, I can always cut up the bits I have in my room and just replace that with larger pieces.

The lino was really just to protect the floor from any pee that might "miss" the tray.. *cough* XENA *cough*. :lol:

They have already begun remodeling. :lol:

It looks great! Well done. :) How do you get in to clean out the hutch though? :lol:

Oh! The whole top half comes up. :lol: I will have to take a pic of it. The sloping part of the run is actually a door so I can lift that back and sit in the run to get into the hutch. :thumb: It has bolts of either side to keep it shut...large bolts. :lol:

Back