• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FHB is retiring

Do you remember the old days, when the waiting room was always full of rabbits:love: that had often travelled far & wide?

I sometimes think about trying the vet in Clitheroe who has been on rabbit CPD. Whether they have own OOH might swing it for me. Joey & Mouse travel badly & its a long way to go for vaccs.

I think I looked at the OOH for them and they have about a dozen branches and the OOH is ?Burnley or somewhere around ?Blackburn. Not useful for me but possibly for you.

It turns out one of the vets in Skipton that I've known for c 20 years has also been on some of the CPD! I found out when collecting Elijah from them on the evening of the owners' day and she asked what the course content was for us and then told me she had been on a course in October (I can't find the programme for it sadly so don't know what it covered, though she did mention spotty rabbit syndrome/megacolon). Good news as she was covering OOH.

its a minefield isn't it ? I'll check out the OOH for that practice & maybe check out Skipton. I didn't so much rate the OOH vet that works with Crab Lane - he agreed it was ok to dose Joey with metacam for the journey but couldn't advise me of dose!

Actually I'll just tell them never to get sick..done!

its a minefield isn't it ? I'll check out the OOH for that practice & maybe check out Skipton. I didn't so much rate the OOH vet that works with Crab Lane - he agreed it was ok to dose Joey with metacam for the journey but couldn't advise me of dose!

Actually I'll just tell them never to get sick..done!

Do you mean the 'other practice' that covers for them? On three occasions they've been unwilling to see my rabbits - that's fine - if they don't want to see my rabbits then I don't want them seeing my rabbits!!! (But also not fine as they should be fulfilling their OOH duty to the other practice :evil:

Yey! This is the clarification [quoted from Facebook]:

....thank you for your kind words. I won't bore you with the health problems that have forced me to retire. If all goes to plan, the practice will belong to Allison Gleadhill on July 1st and Nigel and I will be available to offer advice on difficult cases. I will miss the surgery- abscesses and intestinal obstructions are very satisfactory when they recover. At least I will have more time to update my website, write some papers and video the wild rabbits that live in my field....and visit my children and grandchildren of course.

So Nigel and Frances will be available to advise on difficult cases. .... Who's going to take the P out of me when Nigel retires? :(

:) great news

Yeah thats who I meant. Not good enough really

all the *** they spouted - even suggesting Oakbeck Veterinary Hospital in Harrogate (straight after saying that the 20 mile journey would be bad for him??). ...... they redirected me straight to a vet that had done the CPD - do they not realise their behaviour *could* have the *potential* to impact on Crab Lane, who they are supposed to be supporting!

Last edited:
Back