• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fate seems to be conspiring again... she's gone

:( how heartbreaking. I'm so, so sorry you lost your precious girlie. She can't have felt unwell for long. Loads of hugs xx

I'm so, so sorry. It's such a shock when a beloved bun passes so suddenly. Binky free at the bridge Lolly xxx

:( how heartbreaking. I'm so, so sorry you lost your precious girlie. She can't have felt unwell for long. Loads of hugs xx

She did the pellet dance this morning. That is what is so shocking to find out how ill she was.

The last day of her life was the day I wasn't with her, how cruel is that?! I suppose I have to reassure myself that all the time before that I didn't leave her.

She lived in my office, next to me when I worked. She would pester for cuddles in the evening. I need to work tonight but it will be hard without her there. She was one of only two licky bunnies out of 22.

Last edited:
She did the pellet dance this morning. That is what is so shocking to find out how ill she was.

The last day of her life was the day I wasn't with her, how cruel is that?! I suppose I have to reassure myself that all the time before that I didn't leave her.

She lived in my office, next to me when I worked. She would pester for cuddles in the evening. I need to work tonight but it will be hard without her there. She was one of only two licky bunnies out of 22.

I can imagine how difficult it will be for you to work in the room you shared. If she was running for pellets I think she must have been happy to very near the end. She'll have had the perfect life as your office bun, its just not fair - especially on you xx

I am so sorry to hear you have lost Lolly. You gave her an amazing life and I know how it feels to lose a licky bun. It is a special bond shared with love and respect. Lolly knew a life of love and she had that in abundance with you. Binky free Lolly. xx

I'm so very sorry to hear of this devastating loss. ((((((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))))) :cry:
Thinking of you at this very sad time.
Binky free, Lolly. xxxx

I've only just come on, and am so so sorry to read this. An awful shock for you, but what a wonderful life she had with you, I'm just so sorry. Binky free precious Lolly xxx

The free fluid was blood. Her liver had just completed disintegrated. Letting her go was the only option. She was pestering for cuddles last night, if only I could have known. I cuddled her but I had no clue she was unwell.. not a clue.

OMG I am in total shock :cry: I dont know what to say :cry:

(((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))) xx

OMG I am in total shock :cry:

(((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))) xx

You are not the only one. Ever since looking for a job/the job offer, I have been playing the what ifs, various unlikely scenarios, but I actually went out yesterday calm and just focused on the day. Never a thought of one of them being unwell, let alone at death's door. I just can't get my head around how this can have happened.

Benji also had something serious and unusual with his liver. I am now worrying about the others. Frances looked at the x-ray prior to surgery, so I suspect we will have her input. No death seems to be straightforward here.

Collecting her today is going to be so hard, I am not sure it has sunk in that I have lost her as I was so focused on how diabolical the local vet was and how relieved I was that the wonderful Crab Lane accepted a surgical case so late in the day. I didn't work last night and have barely eaten, I need to try to get organised but frankly, when your "protective factors" keep being wiped out so suddenly and cruelly, it's a bit hard to care anymore.

Thanks for the vibes and kind words everyone. I seem to bring crises but offer little support to others these days. I feel quite selfish but life is an uphill struggle, I really appreciate the support when I need it. One day I will be strong enough to reciprocate.

Last edited:
I’m so incredibly sorry for your loss. You did everything you could for her. It’s amazing when we know how fragile bunnies are that they mange to hide so much from us. You have nothing to blame yourself or feel guilty about. Sending lots of love and hugs xxx

Back