• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Farewell Sully ;_;

I am so sorry you are going through all this. 2 losses so close together is very hard. Be kind to yourself and don’t expect too much of yourself. Thinking of you and sending more hugs xx

Thank you, Karen.
I had particularly hoped to share all our adventures with you. Sully was so massive, he had to be part Maine Coon so he reminded me of your two lovely boys. 🥰

Thank you all for your understanding. ❤️
Sully would have taught Freddie & Oliver a naughty trick or two I'm sure! ❤️

Thanks Zoobec and Karen ❤️

Karen, birdies in your neighborhood would have to beware if Sully were there, certainly! 😔 It was one of his few habits that really made me sad. I know he couldn't help it but I tried to keep him well fed so he'd leave them alone, to no avail. 🙄

Thanks Zoobec and Karen ❤️

Karen, birdies in your neighborhood would have to beware if Sully were there, certainly! 😔 It was one of his few habits that really made me sad. I know he couldn't help it but I tried to keep him well fed so he'd leave them alone, to no avail. 🙄
I could say the same about Oliver. He definitely doesn't want for food but his hunting instincts are so strong. Being limited to our own garden restricts him a little but I know what you mean; it's his only habit that I would change if I could. :cry:

Just brought Sully's ashes home. Such a difference between his urn and Jenna's. His doesn't smell odd like hers did. Perhaps she'd had so many chemicals running through her body for so long that they concentrated even in her bones. Anyway, I was able to bring Sully right into my room without incident. I did sit with him for about an hour at Jenna's Beach just enjoying the sun in the car. The ocean is smooth and calm and there's no clouds as we're in between storms.

You should be here, boy. You should be playing with your new friend, enjoying the comforts of home and the upcoming feast. It will be in your honor in my heart alone. I still miss you lots.

But welcome home, Sully. Be at peace here until we all meet again someday. 💔💔💔 xxxxx1000005588.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, all. 🙂
Squeegee snuck into my room while I was working on finding a place for the urn, by the time I'd come back in from digging up cleaning cloths and such I found him making comfy on the bed. 🙄 I have a feeling he's going to be doing that more often. He's really my daughter's cat but she doesn't allow him in her bedroom because he likes to chew chords. I guess I'd better "bunny proof" mine because I don't have the heart to kick him out when he's acting so sweet. I know he's trying to understand what happened, dim bulb that he is. 😌

1000007298.jpg

I don't seem to have uploaded a photo of Sully's urn and I just reread the whole thread. The setup has changed a wee bit since I took this one but here it is.
Sully has faded to only a dim recollection. Probably my mind's way of not feeling the pain. I'm grateful he came into my life, for however brief a period. I miss him, but his loss isn't cutting me as deep these days. This feels, wrong, somehow....

I still wish you could be here, Sully Monster. Most likely the Christmas decor wouldn't survive. 😏
I hope wherever you are is warm and sunny. We've dropped to very cold and wet and I'm so glad you aren't out in it. You'd have just had surgery on the 5th and God forbid you'd have been wintering on the porch this long. You will always be here in the warmth of my heart. ❤️

You'll never be forgotten. 💔 XXXXX

You did a lovely job of preparing Sully's memorial. His life was cut short, yet it warms my heart to know he had the love of a family when he needed it most.

Thank you both 🙂

I can still remember what a strong cat he seemed to be. That's why when his paw was hurt it was strange to see him go downhill so quickly.
I do hope he knew that I loved him, and that I still do, and always will.
❤️❤️❤️

Back