• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Extra love vibes for poor Truffle

Mini update, it’s dinner time for all the animals so I did the rabbit dinner in the usual place just so it’s normal. We threw Truffle some farmers greens and bits where he’s flumping under the radiator in the kitchen and Sam watched him turn down cabbage but eat a decent size bit of farmers greens leaf, followed by a second. I’m glad he’s interested in something other than kale that’s not full of calcium!

It’s weird because apparently it says online that sweet things and protein aren’t great for rabbits on penicillin and those are what he’s rejecting, plus anything that can be known to cause a bit of gas, beans, cabbage and broccoli etc. I swear he’s more clever than I give him credit lol.
Off to go find some nice grass, which after this heat wave isn’t easy as it’s all scorched. There’s a stream near us so I’m hoping for lush grass there!

Thank you everyone for the support it really means a lot <3 x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad you've seen poo - one good thing :)

Don't worry about calcium in veggies. They get far more from pellets and water!

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/articles/free-food-for-rabbits/calcium-and-rabbit-food

It can be seen from this table that it would be easy to ingest a high amount of calcium by eating a lot of 'low calcium' nuggets or pellets but almost impossible to ingest too much calcium from 'high calcium veggies', such as watercress or kale.

I'm glad you've seen poo - one good thing :)

Don't worry about calcium in veggies. They get far more from pellets and water!

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/articles/free-food-for-rabbits/calcium-and-rabbit-food

It can be seen from this table that it would be easy to ingest a high amount of calcium by eating a lot of 'low calcium' nuggets or pellets but almost impossible to ingest too much calcium from 'high calcium veggies', such as watercress or kale.

Yeah I was quite relieved! It’s only small but at least a good sign of gut movement.

I went on a lovely walk with Sam along the stream to try and find some grass that’s not dry and scorched, has to go further than expected, but worth it as he did eat some as soon as I put it down near him. He’s napping now (gave me a hell of a fright when I walked past as he’d proper flopped over!! Lol) still gets me!

So at least the interest is there, we’ll keep trying tonight and see how he goes.

Ah fab thank you for that! I’ll give more kale in a bit then. I did wonder if it would be ok, especially as it’s not all the time it’s just this special instance. X

This all sounds positive-as long as some thing is frequently going in and just as importantly something coming out- even if it is smaller than normal it shows his gut is working. It is difficult if 2 bunnies are sharing the same litter tray to monitor well. Fresh grass and kale are stasis prone Bob's best go to aswell. It can take a while to get him back onto his pellets. Hope Luther continues to improve X PS don't beat yourself up about not handling enough previously- some bunnies, IME will not be handled happily/compliantly however hard you try. I dread the day we might have to medicate Boogie- cutting her claws is a major trauma[emoji32]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I'm glad he's passing some poo and is showing interest in eating a bit more of a variety. When you go to find some grass it'll be worth getting him some bramble leaves as well if you can as they're very good for bunny tummies.

Come on Truffle, please start eating more!

Yeah me too! Hopefully it’s all a sign of things getting better. I hope this won’t happen after every injection each week or he will be a skinny mini!

Thank you :) unfortunately I got some in from the garden and they were rejected *sigh* I even got some old and some new branches and leaves in case it makes a difference in bunny world.

I know it’s seems so simple to say! Bless him <3

I'm pleased that truffle is feeling better and showing an interest in greens. Slow but positive steps from a beautiful bunny. Hopefully each day he'll get stronger and better.
Henry and Lillian eat greens each day and once a week they get some kale and the occasional spinnach. Presently they're scoffing some carrot tops. Dried cranberries might be worth a look - full of goodness and anti oxidants.

This all sounds positive-as long as some thing is frequently going in and just as importantly something coming out- even if it is smaller than normal it shows his gut is working. It is difficult if 2 bunnies are sharing the same litter tray to monitor well. Fresh grass and kale are stasis prone Bob's best go to aswell. It can take a while to get him back onto his pellets. Hope Luther continues to improve X PS don't beat yourself up about not handling enough previously- some bunnies, IME will not be handled happily/compliantly however hard you try. I dread the day we might have to medicate Boogie- cutting her claws is a major trauma[emoji32]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Thank you, it’s nice having reassurance it’s not yet a state of emergency. I’m happy he’s giving things a go, well three things lol, hopefully tomorrow will be better still. I’m relieved I’ve seen poop, but exactly as you say two bunnies makes it hard to see poop (I’ve had to follow him around lol!) and same for eating.

Oh poor Bob I hope he’s ok now. Aww well that’s a comfort that he eats the same when he’s not feeling well too.

Aww thank you, I do feel like we should have handled him more and not been scared of he’s teeny tiny teeth and claws hehe! But you’re right, he probably just is the way he is and may not have changed.

Thank you for your help

I'm pleased that truffle is feeling better and showing an interest in greens. Slow but positive steps from a beautiful bunny. Hopefully each day he'll get stronger and better.
Henry and Lillian eat greens each day and once a week they get some kale and the occasional spinnach. Presently they're scoffing some carrot tops. Dried cranberries might be worth a look - full of goodness and anti oxidants.

Aw thank you, he will be pleased will all the compliments ;-)
Yeah I hope so too, it’s just sad seeing a bunny full of personality be so flat. I hope this doesn’t happen after each injection each week.

Oh I hadn’t thought about that thank you I’ll look into getting some, if he doesn’t like them I will hehe!

Aww I hope Henry and Lillian enjoy their carrot tops, say hi from me :)

Kale is my bunnies go to aswell when I want them to eat again and also I sit literally waving hay near their mouth until they get annoyed and grab it with their teeth to push it out the way and sometimes they accidentally start eating it. Cookie was very unwell recently but she tolerated me sitting with her and finding the most brown rubbish looking bits of hay and hand feeding it to her. She was doing the teeny tiniest bumbles, then followed by dark weird ones where the medicine was working through her. She seemed to live off brown bits of hay, kale and dried dandelion for a while while she picked up.

Sending well wishes to Truffle xxx

Poor boy! I hope his appetite picks up. I have a nice assortment of dried forage noms if you'd like to try Truffle on some I'd be more than happy to post some out

Kale is my bunnies go to aswell when I want them to eat again and also I sit literally waving hay near their mouth until they get annoyed and grab it with their teeth to push it out the way and sometimes they accidentally start eating it. Cookie was very unwell recently but she tolerated me sitting with her and finding the most brown rubbish looking bits of hay and hand feeding it to her. She was doing the teeny tiniest bumbles, then followed by dark weird ones where the medicine was working through her. She seemed to live off brown bits of hay, kale and dried dandelion for a while while she picked up.

Sending well wishes to Truffle xxx

Strange! I wonder what it is about kale that all these poorly bunnies are attracted to! Maybe they know there’s something in it that their body needs.

Oh I’m sorry to hear about Cookie being unwell it’s such a difficult time for bunnies and owners I think. Glad she’s doing better now though by the sound of it <3
Ah see apparently I’m evil (because I do his eye drops) so I’m not allowed to feed him I have to get my fiancé to do it, I just get pushed away lol! He’s not been bothered by hay yet, unless he has any at night and I don’t know. It’s really reassuring to hear Cookie was ok only having a few different bits little and often for a while but then picked up, gives me hope!

This is him now. First time since his injection on Thursday that he’s laid down in a position other than loaf and in his favourite spot instead of hiding away. Maybe he’s feeling a tad better?

Thank you so much xxx

75499e5c20596d88300f38d6ddfb2220.png

Poor boy! I hope his appetite picks up. I have a nice assortment of dried forage noms if you'd like to try Truffle on some I'd be more than happy to post some out

Thank you me too.
Aww you’re so sweet! Are you sure you could part with a bit?! I wouldn’t want to take away from your winter stash and hard work.
I have been meaning to do some myself but haven’t yet got one of those hanging dryer things, the ones meant for kids toys hehe!

Thank you me too.
Aww you’re so sweet! Are you sure you could part with a bit?! I wouldn’t want to take away from your winter stash and hard work.
I have been meaning to do some myself but haven’t yet got one of those hanging dryer things, the ones meant for kids toys hehe!

Sure thing! We have lots. P.m me your address & I'll get it sorted

Toby would like to rate joey&boos takeaway noms 5*. He's a regular customer.

Lots of vibes for truffy xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Toby would like to rate joey&boos takeaway noms 5*. He's a regular customer.

Lots of vibes for truffy xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Hehe bless him!! <3 We have just signed up for a taster. I hope Truffle is just as pleased as Toby :)

Aw thank you, Truffy says thank you too :-D xxx

I thought I’d give you all an update as you have been so supportive through this <3

So this morning at eye drop time I got a bit of attitude and thumping so I’m happy to see him a bit feisty not just a malleable blob.

After being let out for a bit Sam came downstairs and witnessed Truffle binky around the living room (of course I missed it lol). So that’s encouraging!

He’s not being adventurous with food or pellets still but I tried a bit more farmers greens and kale and he’s mad on the farmers greens this morning, not just picking at them. So I’m taking this all as very good so far, I’ll be happy again when I see bum nuggets.

This is his eye now too, I’m shocked how much better it looks already only after 3 days post injection!

dc1b888e154831767293d7d5ef5356eb.jpg

907b17b5041a1a7e4626df78c4d44216.jpg

5bdfad2773415c6b6eff3c92cf921612.jpg

He’s looking so much happier :thumb: and his eye looks much better :thumb: I’m sure now his eye isn’t so sore his appetite will soon pick up :thumb:

Topping up the vibes xx

He’s looking so much happier :thumb: and his eye looks much better :thumb: I’m sure now his eye isn’t so sore his appetite will soon pick up :thumb:

Topping up the vibes xx

Thank you :)

I hope so too! I think maybe he had a brave face on and his eye was bothering him more than he let on bless him.
I hope he’s just going to keep going like this and improving, but not after the next injection go backwards.

Xx

Back