• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Escaped bunnies

SammieM

Young Bun
Hello everyone. I just got home from work and saw a black rabbit on the path. I followed it to try and catch it but it ran into some big grassed area. I followed it there and saw another rabbit. Me and my boyfriends step dad tried to catch them but had no luck. They are either abandoned or have escaped. I don't know what to do. Anyone got any ideas. They are hiding in some bushes at the moment. I'm
Worried there going to run into the road or horrible people try to hurt them :( I would stand there all day to try catch them but I got a hospital appointment. HELP.

A rabbit's natural instinct is to hide, ideally somewhere dark and safe. Now, do you have a drain pipe wide enough for them to go into, and long enough from where they hide and then the other end leads into a carry case......loaded up with scrumptious food? I do so hope that you are able to catch them, as I hate to think what could happen to them.

Any chance of calling a local rescue to see if you can get some help? I caught a bunny but it took two of us and she was hiding in a copse of trees. I had one person "herding" the bun towards me and we managed to trap her behind a discarded mirror (she had been using it for shelter) and I managed to grab her and drag her out. It took a good 2-3 days to get her though.

Where are you? Hopefully you can get some people to help because the more people you have the easier it will be.

Good luck. x

Hello everyone. I just got home from work and saw a black rabbit on the path. I followed it to try and catch it but it ran into some big grassed area. I followed it there and saw another rabbit. Me and my boyfriends step dad tried to catch them but had no luck. They are either abandoned or have escaped. I don't know what to do. Anyone got any ideas. They are hiding in some bushes at the moment. I'm
Worried there going to run into the road or horrible people try to hurt them :( I would stand there all day to try catch them but I got a hospital appointment. HELP.

Any update on these bunnies?

Back