• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Embarrasing things you have done at the vet

I've had Inky try to murder me at the vets, I came out covered in blood where he'd scratched my neck, arms and chest :oops:

I've cried in the vets when I've had to take them in for a GA (I just get so worried).

Probably most embarrassing is that I think the only male vet, thinks that I fancy him (I don't BTW):lol: ! Yesterday, I think he was so worried, he insisted on filling out the vaccination record in the waiting room. The thing is that I have no idea why he's so scared of me, I mean I wear highnecked tops and jeans at the vets (to minimise rabbit scratching)!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I cried when both my girls were spayed, when I droped them off I was there going I love you so much and I wont stop thinking about you all day blah blah blah :lol:

Oh, I do that TOO!!!!! I always baby talk to them whilst I'm there, and having GA's is THE worst thing for me.....I cry just THINKING about it!!!!!:oops:

I will never forget the time my vet asked me what other treatments I would recommend for arthritis, for some reason I thought he meant in dogs so I babbled on for ages about the natural treatments I use only to find out afterwards he was asking about arthritis in rabbits :rolleyes:
Another time when I felt embarassed it was by something my vet did. He managed to burr a hole in my finger while he was burring the teeth of a rabbit I was holding, he said "oops" and I nearly passed out :shock: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This has really tickled me and yep *touch wood* done nowt embarrassing - yet!!! :shock:

well I havent done anythig bad but my mum has!
took peanut2 the emergency vets and the receptionist said 'rabbits name' so mum said 'peanut' . (we dnt ever refer 2 hima s peanut butter, hes just peanut now!)
she then said 'okay and the surname?' meaning mine obviously... 'bird'. i open my mouth 2 say and my mum says 'Butter'

omg i nerly died, she went so red and i had 2 sit down with laughter!!
Now theres a little sign on his hutch saying 'Mr Butter'

This made me & my OH laugh out loud :lol:

Oh, I do that TOO!!!!! I always baby talk to them whilst I'm there, and having GA's is THE worst thing for me.....I cry just THINKING about it!!!!!:oops:

:lol: When I left both the girls I told them I would be straight there the minute the vet called me and the receptionist was like what, I think she thought I was talking to her :roll: :lol:

I had this bun, Grace (RIP, sweet girl) and I took her to the vet because she had a lump on her toe. It turned out to be a tumor and had to be removed. I was holding Grace while the vet was removing it. Suddenly I felt faint. I passed Grace off to the receptionist and laid down right there on the surgery room floor. After the removal was finished, I was able to stand again, and they handed Grace back. We checked out, and I went home. The next day, the vet called to check on Grace, and me, LOL. Then.... she offered me a job as a receptionist/assistant. I thought it was kinda funny, but I accepted. Everytime we did any kind of sugery where I had to help, I ended up on the surgery room floor. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh my, Miloe has embarassed me lots! When i took him in for his neuter the vet did the once over as usual and Miloe trumped! :oops: :oops: Honestly, it was a proper trump, and he's done it since too! I could have died! :roll: :lol: :lol:

Back