• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elliot-A Tragic Loss For Theo (Snowy) :-(

Thank you everyone for your very kind words they have been very comforting, but I am devastated, Elliot was only a year old and for him to go in such a distressing way was truly awful, I feel so totally useless, incompetent and inadequate, I am now questioning my ability to care for rabbits, I only hope that as time passes my feelings will get better.

Thank you all very much, this has really knocked me back and you comments are very much appreciated

Oh Theo, I am SO sorry to hear that you had to go through this.:cry: :cry: Poor Elliot......how unfair.:cry: But you should NOT question your ability to take care of buns in ANY way......you did everything that you possibly could for Elliot, and it is NOT in any way your fault. There is no way that you could have improved his liver function, and no way that you could have magically made his blood clot. I know that it would have been EXTREMELY distressing for you.....and I am SURE that Elliot appreciated your kindness and the lovely few days that he had with you. ::hugs:: XXX

Binky free at the Bridge, little Elliot. XXXXX:cry:

This morning I feel worse, I will never forget what I saw and it was horrible, what really haunts me is that when I saw the blood I opened his tris and he stood up and put his paws on my shoulder, he had never done that before and he just sat whilst I tried help him. He needed help and I couldn't save him, this is a horrible, horrible feeling.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh Theo, I really feel for you... thing is though you were there for him and he knew that, having you with him must have been a comfort for him even though it has been truly awful for you. He's at peace now, he's not suffering any more so please remember that and know you did all you could and you should try and let it go now. Mourn his loss but try and forget the traumatic images, get some pics out of him in happier times and remember him for how he was. This trauma was a short part of his life, he had many happy times with you. x

Last edited:
This morning I feel worse, I will never forget what I saw and it was horrible, what really haunts me is that when I saw the blood I opened his tris and he stood up and put his paws on my shoulder, he had never done that before and he just sat whilst I tried help him. He needed help and I couldn't save him, this is a horrible, horrible feeling.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

::HUGE hugs:: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thank you everyone for your comments, will post a tribute in Rainbow Bridge when I can, it's just so hard at the moment

Thank you

Theo, Dont be sad you care so much for all your buns. Im sure Elliott will be looking down on you now thanking you for all you did for him. You and Jane do a fanstatic job at saving them from evil- a job I am not strong enough to do. Keep smiling as thats what he would have wanted im sure x x x x

Awwww, bless you Theo :cry: :cry: :cry: , i can't work out what has happened exactly but even so i am sat here in tears for you.

lots of supportive hugs for you xxxxxxxxx

Thank you everyone for you support, it's really helped me. Things got worse on Saturday evening when I found one of Enzo's babies dead:cry: :cry: , Enzo is one of the mummies from the 17 we rescued, but she still has another 4 babies and they all appear to be doing really well and she is being a really good mummy considering she is only 7 months old herself:shock:

I will never forget Elliot and what happened and only wish I could have done something, but the vet assures me there was nothing that could have saved him, it was due to his previous neglect that he had such bad liver damage and therefore his blood wouldn't clot, he was in fact a haemapheliac (sp) and with the accidental cut on his lip which I found at 6.30pm, (he was put into his tris at 5.30 pm and he was OK) when he scratched himself it caused a massive blood loss, the emergency vet was able to stop the bleeding at 7.30 pm but the shock and blood loss was too much for him and he had a heart attack at 11pm on Friday night and died.

It was a horrible thing to witness and I only wish I could have helped him.

Thank you everyone for you support, it's really helped me. Things got worse on Saturday evening when I found one of Enzo's babies dead:cry: :cry: , Enzo is one of the mummies from the 17 we rescued, but she still has another 4 babies and they all appear to be doing really well and she is being a really good mummy considering she is only 7 months old herself:shock:

I will never forget Elliot and what happened and only wish I could have done something, but the vet assures me there was nothing that could have saved him, it was due to his previous neglect that he had such bad liver damage and therefore his blood wouldn't clot, he was in fact a haemapheliac (sp) and with the accidental cut on his lip which I found at 6.30pm, (he was put into his tris at 5.30 pm and he was OK) when he scratched himself it caused a massive blood loss, the emergency vet was able to stop the bleeding at 7.30 pm but the shock and blood loss was too much for him and he had a heart attack at 11pm on Friday night and died.

It was a horrible thing to witness and I only wish I could have helped him.

I'm so sorry Theo, this sounds truly devastating and horrible to witness. But you were there with him until the end and protected and loved him. That is all he would have wanted.

RIP little man xxx binky free and remember your mummy :cry:

You did everything you could possibly have done Theo
4.gif
. At least the lasy days/ weeks/ months of Elliots life were filled with love.

Back