• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eeeekkk help please or I'm not going to be able to sleep

mangobiscuit

Young Bun
My boy bun has been away for 5 days bonding with girl bunny (rescue)

Got them home tonight and have kept them in their "house" and all's been fine... Grooming, eating together but mainly sleeping and lounging around..

BUT my boy keeps humping her. From behind, on her face...and really annoying her. To the point where she turned round and they started a full on spin resulting in scrap, fur flying everywhere and me chucking a cup of water on them to break them up!!:cry::cry::cry:

I'm so upset....I'm frightened to stop watching them even for a second.

It seems like they're completely fine with each other....until Dom starts humping her quite vigourously:shock:

What do I do?

Shall I sleep in sitting room tonight in case they fight? I've got to go out for a while tommorow.....I'm now frightened that they will rip each other to bits while I'm not there to break it up.

(Water pistol on shopping list!)

When my group of 4 were in the early days of their bonding my husband and I took it in turns to sleep on the sofa so that we could be on hand to stop any fights etc. We both had a fairly sleepless night each mainly because one of them never seemed to go to sleep and there was always lots of rattling of bars, munching of hay and the odd chase or two around the dog crate in which they were bonding. Eventually they settled and reached a stage after 2 noghts and 3 days where we felt safe enough to leave them on their own.

It was worth it though just to make sure that they came to no harm and I wouldn't have been able to sleep easy anyway had I gone to bed.

Good luck and hope you manage to get some sleep :wave:

Thanks good to know I'm not alone! lol

Is it not abnormal to a "newly bonded" couple to have a spat?

Also, should I tell him off when he humps her? Or just let him get on with it unless it escalates into a fight?

Thanks good to know I'm not alone! lol

Is it not abnormal to a "newly bonded" couple to have a spat?

Also, should I tell him off when he humps her? Or just let him get on with it unless it escalates into a fight?

In my experience 'telling off' a bunny doesn't result in anything, but a rise in blood pressure on your part! :lol: He's just doing the natural thing, trying to establish his dominace. When they've agreed who's going to be boss things will settle down nicely, and it'll all be worth the stress.

At least your in a house:lol:
I was stuck in a shed for a day when the same thing happened to me and when night fell I had to give up and seperate them:(

Back