• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eeeeek, somebody's ferret is in next door's garden

I caught a ferret that was running around the city centre a few years ago. Wasn't easy! I chased her around a few streets until she ran out in front of a car and got startled by the headlights long enough for me to chuck my coat over! I took her home and called the RSPCA, but she looked really ill. The RSPCA took her to a ferret rescue who said that she was in season and needed to be mated or she'd die! :shock:

The last I heard she'd got some action from a neutered male and was happily awaiting rehoming. I never knew the females would die if they didn't get jiggy! :shock: Strange creatures! :lol:

Good luck catching this one, I hope he's OK xx

D&D are very concerned for the welfare of their mates Alfie & Bubbles!!! Their mummy is also worried! Hope the little slinky fella is caught safe and sound soon!

:shock::shock::shock:I I didn't know that either. :shock:

Tis true.The best thing to do for a jill is spey or go as far as jill jab, but they dont often work all that well.A fert is in season from march to october.When the days are long.Funny little creatures!!!

I think it was Yvette (Ghosty happenings lady) who kissed a fert on telly and got bit on the lip!!
Should only go ferret snogging if you know the ferret!! My lot lick saliva from my lips!!!

I think it was Yvette (Ghosty happenings lady) who kissed a fert on telly and got bit on the lip!!

Ouch..... I hope the ferret wasn't too traumatised by the ordeal. :lol::lol::lol:

*makes mental note* If you catch the ferret, don't try to kiss it.

Thank you D&D. Alfie might need to call on his army training, but they both seem blissfully unaware of any danger at the moment.

Ouch..... I hope the ferret wasn't too traumatised by the ordeal. :lol::lol::lol:

*makes mental note* If you catch the ferret, don't try to kiss it.

Thank you D&D. Alfie might need to call on his army training, but they both seem blissfully unaware of any danger at the moment.

Dudley has said he wont mention it to Alfie when he texts him later! He has also informed Beige in case they need to mobilise an anti-ferret security squad!

Dudley has said he wont mention it to Alfie when he texts him later! He has also informed Beige in case they need to mobilise an anti-ferret security squad!

Gus must have heard me mention "ferret in Grays" and is hiding in his box :roll: Poppy says she's as tough as any buck :)roll:) and offers to join any patrol

Spenser (who has just woken from his morning doze) also on stand-by. His Mummy would be no help at all as she doesn't think she would know a ferret if she saw one.

I don't think I'd mess with Poppy either. :shock:

I'm never going to find the little critter now he's got all these buns looking for him.

On a serious note, still no signs. :(

I posted on your thread on HC (well I think it's yours!) :lol:

That'll be my daughter, she's a member there. ;) :D She loves all animals and would love a ferret - I think she's half hoping to find him and keep him. :roll: :lol:

That'll be my daughter, she's a member there. ;) :D She loves all animals and would love a ferret - I think she's half hoping to find him and keep him. :roll: :lol:

Why not?? If no one comes forward for him, and its unlikely as these critters travel or get stolen all the time, you may end up with another furry on your hands.
I have 3.The most Ive ever had is 8.Lovely creatures.Great fun, and you can still keep your bunnies safe with common sense and ive forgotten the other word...um....er....when youre careful!!!! Ah!! Vigilant!!!

Why not?? If no one comes forward for him, and its unlikely as these critters travel or get stolen all the time, you may end up with another furry on your hands.

Nooooo, don't encourage dd. :lol:

If anyones going to be handling an unknown ferret please wear thick gloves, even gardening gloves or something.. It may be friendly and happy to be handled but it may also swing round and sink it's teeth into your hand and trust me that hurts!!!!!

I hope the poor thing makes it back home! My Nigel won't even leave his cosy bed on cold days, no chance he'd be out roaming :roll: :lol:

Is your garden secure and the rabbits secure?

Back