• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ear mites UD Lilly's ears already so much better!

Lilly's feeling much better :D how do I know.... she's being EXTRA naughty! :lol: and binkying even more than usual (she was still binkying when I realised how bad her ears were which probably is what delayed me checking them for so long because she seemed very happy :(), she's climbing more than ever before too! She managed to jump from the coffee table to the sofa :shock: I was surprised she even managed to get on the coffee table! Arthur tried to follow her and didn't get a good enough grip and just face planted the floor :lol: he was absolutely fine and I was in hysterics! He quickly joined his Lilly on the sofa!

She's been throwing her rattles around more too :D

Great news on the bunny front. How are you? :)

Great news on the bunny front. How are you? :)

Just came to update and hadn't noticed your reply sorry! I'm fine now, the rash went and didn't come back so I think I won't need any treatment but I might just confirm that when I pop to the GP next (in about 3-4 weeks)

Lilly's ears look beautifully clear :D just a small flake of dry skin in each ear where the scabby red areas were before :D and she's letting me look at her ears a lot easier too, and she's stopped getting annoyed when Arthur obsessively cleans them too :lol:

Even better... instead of only binkying for meal time she's now binkying about everything!!! She's climbing all the furniture too so her balance much be much better :D she's being SO NAUGHTY and the number of naughty binkies is ludicrous, she's playing slightly more and her DBFs have become more violent, I'm wondering if she was flopping gentler to not risk landing too hard on her sore ears...! Overall she seems just generally better :D

Just came to update and hadn't noticed your reply sorry! I'm fine now, the rash went and didn't come back so I think I won't need any treatment but I might just confirm that when I pop to the GP next (in about 3-4 weeks)

Lilly's ears look beautifully clear :D just a small flake of dry skin in each ear where the scabby red areas were before :D and she's letting me look at her ears a lot easier too, and she's stopped getting annoyed when Arthur obsessively cleans them too :lol:

Even better... instead of only binkying for meal time she's now binkying about everything!!! She's climbing all the furniture too so her balance much be much better :D she's being SO NAUGHTY and the number of naughty binkies is ludicrous, she's playing slightly more and her DBFs have become more violent, I'm wondering if she was flopping gentler to not risk landing too hard on her sore ears...! Overall she seems just generally better :D

Oh good! Glad you have stopped itching! Good news on the bunny front too :thumb:

aww sorry I missed this and glad she's feeling much better now
must be lovely for her to have got rid of them and be more comfortable

aww sorry I missed this and glad she's feeling much better now
must be lovely for her to have got rid of them and be more comfortable

Don't worry! Welcome home, hope you had a lovely trip!
Lilly's letting me know how well she is by being EXTRA NAUGHTY! Arthur is still winning on the naughtiness front though, he took some large bites out of some candles today! THEY WEREN'T EVEN SCENTED?!?!??!

Don't worry! Welcome home, hope you had a lovely trip!
Lilly's letting me know how well she is by being EXTRA NAUGHTY! Arthur is still winning on the naughtiness front though, he took some large bites out of some candles today! THEY WEREN'T EVEN SCENTED?!?!??!

What? :shock::shock:

What? :shock::shock:

Yep you heard right! Some beautiful sparkly massive candles, I came home from work and he was on the side taking chunks out of one having worked his way around the edge of the other! I've been keeping a close eye on him all day as a result! He seems fine though! Stupid rabbit! Why would candle wax be at all appealing? Especially unscented :roll: there were berry scented candles next to the unscented ones, even they should have been more appealing?!!!

Just a quick update, Lilly just had her ≈ew;''= follow up appointment for the ear mites and they look very good, a tiny little bit of crusting left but nothing much at all, she'll have another spot on today and then hopefully that'll be it! But she has her vaccinations one month today so they'll have a quick look in then and if there's any evidence they may still be lurking then she'll get more treatment :)

The little glitch in the middle of the sentence was typed by Arthur... I normally delete his nonsensical ramblings but in this case I think he was trying to tell you his thoughts on ear mites :lol: or perhaps going to the vets :lol:

I've missed all this! Glad Lilly's feeling better and you got rid of your mites too! :shock: I don't want to catch anything when I come to visit you! :lol: norty binkies are awesome I love seeing them even though I know nortiness is involved :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back