• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Duchess wears rabbit fur

I don't get it, she has a fake far trimmed hat so why couldn't she just get a fake fur scarf instead?!

I think she said the scarf is old. I don't wear fur but if I did have and old fur coat or scarf I'm not sure I could just throw it away, then the animal really would have died for nothing.

Not if you only buy free range meat from your local farm (which is also RSPCA reccomended) ;)

RSPCA reccomended farms are not always what you would expect. Hillside had some secret footage of a turkey farm, the birds were being killed with basball bats!! The farm was RSPCA inspected.

Also just because an animal has lived on a free range farm doesn't mean it will be treated any better in the slaughter house.

RSPCA reccomended farms are not always what you would expect. Hillside had some secret footage of a turkey farm, the birds were being killed with basball bats!! The farm was RSPCA inspected.

Also just because an animal has lived on a free range farm doesn't mean it will be treated any better in the slaughter house.

Well i have saw inside the farm (round the corner from me) and i was very happy with the layout and the procedures they have in place, he only has Chicken and Turkey, and that the only meat i eat anyway :)

The UK standards on animal farming are 100 times better than around the rest of the world, fur farms are also illegal in the UK, so no fur is ever "produced" in the UK.

IMO the fur industry is 100 times worse than the meat industry.
Which if you think about makes sense has fur farming in the UK is illegal but the meat industry is not

But is all leather a byproduct? I think I will have to try and find out.

I don't know if true or not but I heard that animals killed for fur end up in pet food.

I don't know if it is true, it's just the assumption I've always come to when I've thought of it. I don't like it, but I'd rather that leather was a byproduct of peoples food rather than the idea of them being bread for people to drape their coat around themselves

I don't know if it is true, it's just the assumption I've always come to when I've thought of it. I don't like it, but I'd rather that leather was a byproduct of peoples food rather than the idea of them being bread for people to drape their coat around themselves

agreed

RSPCA reccomended farms are not always what you would expect. Hillside had some secret footage of a turkey farm, the birds were being killed with basball bats!! The farm was RSPCA inspected.Also just because an animal has lived on a free range farm doesn't mean it will be treated any better in the slaughter house.

:thumb:Agree. The RSPCA 'Freedom Food' scheme has been proven to be a joke on several occasions.

An UGLY old scarf for an ugly old bat:censored:VERY APT:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: love it!! completley true though!

I do believe that rabbit fur is a by product of the meat industry. Rabbits won't be bred specifically for their fur itself, there would be more value for their meat!

(Just to let you know, I do not condone wearing fur OR leather, a by product which I don't support)

i agree here to be honest, firstly its the daily fail reporting it, though i tend to belive the fact shes had it for years, otherwise she would of had a real fur trim hat too,

this goes to the debate if you were given an OLD piece of fur coat hat etc would you still just throw it away, even though an animal suffered for it years ago

Ive just given two mink coats and a silver fox coat to PETA to do as they wish. Yes, the poor animals had already died and one could easily have justified walking around like a hooker wearing these poor animals. But I dont want people wearing fur, especially me. Equally, this old shrew did not need to sling a dead rabbit around her wrinkled throat when there were other options available to keep her warm.

Ive just given two mink coats and a silver fox coat to PETA to do as they wish. Yes, the poor animals had already died and one could easily have justified walking around like a hooker wearing these poor animals. But I dont want people wearing fur, especially me. Equally, this old shrew did not need to sling a dead rabbit around her wrinkled throat when there were other options available to keep her warm.

:thumb:

:lol::lol::lol: love it!! completley true though!

I do believe that rabbit fur is a by product of the meat industry. Rabbits won't be bred specifically for their fur itself, there would be more value for their meat!

(Just to let you know, I do not condone wearing fur OR leather, a by product which I don't support)

Not true. Some rabbits are bred specifically for fur, some for meat- they are killed at different ages depending on what they are to be used for.

As to wearing vintage fur, that is no better as you're just perpetuating the idea that fur is ok to all those people who see you walking around in it...and an animal still died and suffered for it.

What a horrible old :censored: Charlie's tart is.

My Storm is a Chinchilla... they are bred just for their fur :(

017-15.jpg

twistorm002-1.jpg

"One local commentator said: 'I don't think we are as hung up about those kind of issues in Canada. Around here people are more likely to say "good on you sister"."

I am Canadian and THAT is BS!!! Peta and animal rights groups are alive and well in Canada. Of course, there are some insensitive :censored: people who still kill for 'sport', but they do NOT speak for our entire country!

Leather and fur are the same. Whether the body is used for meat or not, the animal still suffers a horrific life and death full of torture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct9sMsmjR5c

As to wearing vintage fur, that is no better as you're just perpetuating the idea that fur is ok to all those people who see you walking around in it...and an animal still died and suffered for it.

This was my though on reading the thread last night though I didn't get it into words.

It's just beyond me why anyone would want to wear a dead animal no matter how long it had been dead :cry::cry: There are so many good synthetic alternatives there is just no excuse for it.

Just why would draping the skin of a dead animal around you neck enhance either your looks or your self-esteem :? Very, very strange,

As for the Rex fur scarves :censored: They are not even nice to look at - a chenelle (sp?) scarf surely would be more comfortable and look far better... the rabbit fur looks FAR better on the rabbit - where it should be :evil:

Back