• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Droopy ear tips

nap91

Mama Doe
f117f11435306ea29403fa8beff8afb9.jpg

We’ve noticed over the last few days that the tops of Whitney’s ears have started to curl over. Not all the time, and not the whole ear, just the very tips.

Is this something to be concerned about? I’ve checked her and can’t see anything visibly wrong although obviously I know some things would require a vet to diagnose. She had her triple vac a week ago although I wouldn’t have thought that’s of significance. An internet search didn’t really turn up many results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes!!! Athie gets that now and then!
So far not been able to find a trend but glad there's another bunny out there that gets it [emoji1787]
Yea my vet said she's never seen that before but not to worry if they seem fine otherwise. Little wilting bunny [emoji39] usually does it a day or so, or just a few hours but then tend to goes all uppity again.
I've not yet found an answer either so if you find out would be interesting to hear :)
29305490864229fe96cc3d7257e78b71.jpg
09c2451ac0ec7cd0636a566101952ffd.jpg
e5154af40247a291330c79455feb3510.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Hmmm just had a think and Athie's ear droop started after the triple vac as well [emoji848] his was the same and next day and since then every now and then he gets it. Wonder if that's a coincidence [emoji848]

Whitney looks like she might have a bit of Angora in her at first glance and they have tipped ears I think! I did have a bun with an ear that drooped in the middle suddenly. It turned out to be a serious ear infection and her ear returned to normal once the infection was under control. It was more half of one ear though rather than just the tips.

Yes Rups does this when he is too hot or not feeling very well. I did take him to the vets last time but she couldnt find anything and he seemed to perk up soon after.

Yes Rups does this when he is too hot or not feeling very well. I did take him to the vets last time but she couldnt find anything and he seemed to perk up soon after.
Wonder if it's some rabbits way of sulking [emoji848] as there's no other symptoms, I still call Athie wilting bunny when he gets it [emoji16]

Thanks for the comments everyone, really interesting to read! Whitney's still doing it on and off, she seems otherwise fine, so I'm reluctant to stress her out with a vet visit just for that if it's not needed.

Back