• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your bunny understand the word NO

I agree, I think I read a post about this on the site a few months ago. Think I'll definately give it a go, because it seems fairly assertive but at the same time, gentle.

I think sometimes I do it without thinking about it anyway. If you see what I mean. As a natural response.

I think sometimes I do it without thinking about it anyway. If you see what I mean. As a natural response.

Yeh this is what i did then figured out it works quite well. If hes chasing Mimi being over dominant I say no firmly (never loudly) and put my finger on his nose/head and it stops him. He'll sit there quietly until i take my finger away :) i think it asserts my dominance over him xxx

Yeh this is what i did then figured out it works quite well. If hes chasing Mimi being over dominant I say no firmly (never loudly) and put my finger on his nose/head and it stops him. He'll sit there quietly until i take my finger away :) i think it asserts my dominance over him xxx

Yes I say no or their name (usually Nutmeg :roll:) in a low, firm voice. Like kids. I told my Mum if I ever manage to have kids with this M.E. then I already have a head start on the discipline side of things. :lol:

Poppy understands the word 'no', but she always runs off and does a binky as soon as I have said it and I end up laughing. Started to wonder if its her way of saying 'whatever' to me.

Pearl did, Holly just grunts at me, not that i say no to her much im too scared of her and alvin is deaf so i have to tap his bum to stop him being naughty lol

The pressure over the nose definitely works. I forgot I used it when Thumper's testosterone took off & there were the very early signs of aggression, in a "whose top rabbit competion with me".

The pressure over the nose definitely works. I forgot I used it when Thumper's testosterone took off & there were the very early signs of aggression, in a "whose top rabbit competion with me".

i have found that when Alvin is being humpy with holly if i pull him off and put my hand on his head he usually stops, if i dont keep him there long enough he goes back at humping but a 2nd time usually sorts him out. all them years i was scared of him and hes a big eager softy deep down :love: i have true fear with Holly :lol:

Thank you thumps:) I am going to try this. Basil is a good boy usually, but I think the hormones are just starting to kick in, so we have days when it is mayhem:lol:

My buns understand 'no' to mean " Please pause and consider whether or not you should be doing that (before you continue)".
I had a hamster who understood 'no' to mean " Chew on the carpet twice as fast because you are about to get lifted" :lol::lol:

My buns understand 'no' to mean " Please pause and consider whether or not you should be doing that (before you continue)".
I had a hamster who understood 'no' to mean " Chew on the carpet twice as fast because you are about to get lifted" :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Your hamster and my Basil would have got on well

I have to say it in a really annoying dragged out way which similar to "Nahooooooooooooooo". Sometimes it works, sometimes they just stop and look at me for a few seconds then conclude I can't possibly be telling them off and then carry on. :roll:

Mine clearly understand the low voice and that they shouldn't do something. Then mostly they do it anyway.

I have been practicing my Noooo to make it sound more commanding, but I also tried the finger over the bridge of the nose thing as well. It was so funny, as I took my finger away, Basil licked it a couple of times. Wondered if that was the beginning of a result:) or just wishful thinking:?

What do people think of the spraying the with water trick? I've never tried it myself because i'd probably wilt under their disapproving stares...

my bunnies understand the word "no" better than your average man but not as well as your average child.

What do people think of the spraying the with water trick? I've never tried it myself because i'd probably wilt under their disapproving stares...

I have tried this with the dogs when I first took them to training. My lovely GSD loved it:lol: She always stands under the hosepipe when I get it out. So not sure about bunnies, I know Basil hates rain.

Poppy understands the word 'no', but she always runs off and does a binky as soon as I have said it and I end up laughing. Started to wonder if its her way of saying 'whatever' to me.

That's just EXACTLY like my Pickle, only he waits til I've said it twice! He's such a cheeky boy!

When i say no to grace she stops what she`s doing for a few minutes then looks at me and then carries on being naughty again, charlie does nothing naughty he is a little angel. xxx

Back