• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone know what tree this is and if the buns can eat it please U/D MORE PICS

:wave: Went to Screwfix this morning, do you work opposite?

Anyway, back to the point. Caroline who we met up with the last meet may be able to help you with this if you send he the link as I think it is in her line of work.

He he yes I do. I will pm her thanks Sandra

Hello!! :wave: Im fairly positive its 'goat willow' (Salix caprea), shrubby, grows everywhere, leaves do look a little beech or apple like so can see why people thought could be that but Im fairly sure. Willow branches are ok for bunnies arent they? no idea about the leaves though, being safe for bunnies I mean. If its not the native species it could be a hybrid, a cross between 2 types of willow, anyway Im waffling! :D

Ha ha! Yes Im impressed actually, even my own family are still trying to figure out what I do for a job!! :D glad I could be of help.

Ooooookay

Well I showed it to the entire team...who have 50+ years of horticultural experience between them....and they were stumped :shock: The best I could get was "some kind of poplar, or some kind of willow".

You have a mystery tree :?

Ooooookay

Well I showed it to the entire team...who have 50+ years of horticultural experience between them....and they were stumped :shock: The best I could get was "some kind of poplar, or some kind of willow".

You have a mystery tree :?

:lol::lol::lol: Maybe its the pollution in Ellesmere Port has caused it to mutate

There was a poplar in the book with leaves very like that, they're quite variable.

Is that the whole tree?

No its some offcuts. A neighbour bought it round for the buns to chew saying it was willow but I wasnt sure when I saw it and called on the powers of RU

No its some offcuts. A neighbour bought it round for the buns to chew saying it was willow but I wasnt sure when I saw it and called on the powers of RU

Confession!! There's a whole tree on the allotments, a lower branch just split off for no apparent reason. I didn't know what it was, but haven't got round to looking it up. If the leaves are the same, would it help to post photos of the trunk bark, & general tree form + leaves of course?

Back