• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone have a picture of how a rabbit sees?

hope you dont mind jeremy just tried a bit of tweaking with your pic. lower the saturation and decreased the red in the image

my attept anyway * only from what i have read in lamemans terms dont really understan it all tbh)
That's cool! I was gonna remove the red channel completely to see what it looked like but you've saved me the bother.

This thread has intrigued me enough to maybe do more accurate one. I was looking at the buns last night and realised that lops have a far more restricted view than uppy eared buns. The lopped ears completely block the rear view. I was gonna try and attempt to stick the ears / fur / back end in the pic :lol::lol:

I want to understand how the red wavelength works -- so if a bun can't see red, and saw you are holding an apple in front of him -- what does he see? Something totally transparent?
No, if it was a pure red object, the object would appear black, since a red object absorbs all wavelengths except red. If your eye couldn't pick up the reflected red light, then it would pick up no light at all - black. :)

In reality few things are pure red, so it would look similar to Abi's tweaked image above :thumb:

was this on your website? the pic that i saw was alot like this, maybe it was the one i was thinking of.
Well, it sort of is. It's a panorama that is on my site. It's displayed properly on there via a pano viewer, but I use the full images as thumbnails on the pano index page. :?
http://www.thebunnyshed.co.uk/ThePanos.htm

Back