• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your indoor buns hide?

My Elphaba doesn't hide unless the hoovers on, then she's no where to be seen lol

Glinda and Ursula are getting more confident but they like to hide under the chair [emoji4]

When Elphaba was in my bedroom she slept under the bed but hardly anything scares her, when we put music on she sits by the speaker?!? I've moved her once or twice but she goes back God knows why it must be loud to them haha.

Apart from frying the only other things that bother my two are the hoover and me hiccupping! :lol: They never bother to hide though just look a bit startled and sometimes run away.

Two of mine never hide; they're so bold and brazen! Then the other two are never done hiding; they hardly ever come out lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

molly nearly always likes to be in something, i have a cardboard thing for him to hide in in my craft room and he has a kennel or hay box in his own room. Faline rarely hides though

Cherry and Jacquetta are my nervous bunnies, Cherry more so which I put down to being half wildie. She's much better than she was when she first came home, but she still hates the hoover and steam cleaner. Jacquetta doesn't mind those too much, but she's easily startled. My others are pretty bomb proof.

Peaches often dives for cover when I go into their room although she is getting more confident. She likes to sit on the windowsill chillin'. Mottle always races over to see what I have got. He lies facing the door on the wooden floorboards (not the lino).

The hares (shed rabbits) will hide, esp if there is an unexpected movement or sound. They are the most reactive of all my rabbits. They have a hutch in their shed and a large piece of plywood up against the wall to make a tunnel. They also have a huge black plastic tunnel and a carrier!

The quad (also shed rabbits) will chase around when I come in with the food (Frosty chases the others) but rarely hide although they have a small hutch and some panels up against the wall as tunnels.

My bunny must be well ard ! He tries to attack the hover when I Hoover out his cage and spends his life sprawled on either the sofa or his bed whilst life goes on around him. The only time he gets a bit spooked is in the garden, and it's usually wind what freaks him out !

No, Hector is usually out and about. He has a box which he rips at and sometimes chills out in but it really isn't because he is hiding; it's just comfy!

The only time he was really scared was when a wren got into the kitchen and the very big wuss ran to hide under the ironing board... :lol:

No, Hector is usually out and about. He has a box which he rips at and sometimes chills out in but it really isn't because he is hiding; it's just comfy!

The only time he was really scared was when a wren got into the kitchen and the very big wuss ran to hide under the ironing board... :lol:

Isn't a wren a quarter of his size? What a big pansy :lol: (still love you though, Hector :love:)

I'm starting to think Miss B is well too comfy. She falls asleep and flops over anywhere, stays there with eyes shut even when I'm 30cms away and calling her, then suddenly wakes about a minute after and looks totally confused. She was lying flopped in the middle of the living room this evening when we managed to tiptoe past her to the kitchen. And then, if I wake up in the early hours and swing my legs over side of the bed to head to the bathroom, she'll start and bolt straight under the bed and start thumping. You'd think she was used to that by now! :roll: As far as the Dustbuster goes, last time she was nosing at it so much when I was using it, I ran it over her back and she binkied! :lol:

Last edited:
I think knowing they have somewhere to hide even if they never use it is a big confidence boost for bunnies. They might not go in routinely but if something startles them they know exactly where to run too.

Scamp sleeps in his box in the kitchen which is where he bolts too if he gets frightened - he dislikes the dishwasher being opened - being on is fine but open the door and he's off. When he's out and about under the coffee table usually, he hangs there anyway and it's prime sneak out and nab treats spot but he'll run there for cover too.

Back