• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think Rabbits become attached to their Owner/s

I think it depends on the bunny. My old bunnies I didn't really have a bond with but I've had Petra since birth and shes like my shadow when I'm at home. She's an only bun and an indoor rabbit and she loves humans (and the tortoise). My parents are both retired but when i get in at night she runs to the door to greet me and doesn't leave my side after that until bedtime regardless of whether i have food for her or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a good question :?

My Stu my first bun has a very close bond with me as he was in the house for about 9 months and i was home off work for this time so he was with me literally 24/7 thru this time and he will seek me out if i am in the garden to say hello and not just for food :roll::lol: he would never go see what husband was up to unless he had the treat tub ;)

Rosie came to me after 2 years with Luna and whilst it has taken nearly 12 months with her inside for 6 of those but me at full time work, she is now outside with the boys and Pie, even she will now come to me in the garden and ask for head rubs without me having to bribe her with treats but it may be conditioning as when ever i go out i will rattle the box and call them all over for treat and fuss

everyone now comes to see what i have but only Stu sticks around if the treat tub isnt involved :love:

To this end i say Rabbits are like Cats - completely Fickle

Both are very excited to see me after staying at the vets :lol: or once I leave them for a long period of time

Binky isn't really a people rabbit so she doesn't like snuggles etc and when she was at the vets she ate almost instantly so she would settle into a new home after a while aslong as she had the same amount of interaction, it would take her Atleast a year to get confident with a new person though as it took me ages to gain her trust, the only people she doesn't run from is me and the dog :lol:

Bella has such a strong bond with me, she was at the vets all day and refused to eat and she really wouldn't settle well with another owner (when we go on holiday they stay at home and we have family come in to feed & clean)
As a baby she was in the house with me all day keeping me company and I'd say she's more like a puppy than a rabbit!
She loves snuggles and giving kisses to me and like Binky she only likes me and the dog :lol:

Neither of them are ever going to new homes though, they're living their lives out here so they don't have to worry about new owners!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I have 3 buns staying here currently that belong to a friend who is on holiday. They've stayed before -but one is really hard work. He doesn't settle & getting him to eat is effort. He's actually better this time round than last time round, so maybe he remembers me from last time, but he was clearly stressed on Day 1. He's running to me now for treats - he didn't do that all week last time, so hopefully he'll settle quicker. His partner, is less concerned. I'm not trusted, but I feed her so she's accepted me to a certain extent.

The third is lovely & I'm trusted straight away:love:

I guess they do as ours don't like strangers - when the window cleaner goes to the run to say hi, they run off into the shed, and they do that when my sister visits as well and yet when we go to the run to say hi, they stay put. So I guess they know us and trust us, yes. Until I get the carrier down off the top of the hutch which is in the shed and then they run a mile from me ... :lol:

Yes.. A 100% when it comes to our two!! I think it Really does depend on the rabbit and how much you interact with them! xx

Back