• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you let your buns free-range outside?

Do you let your buns free-range outside?

• Yes unsupervised

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Yes but only supervised at all times

Votes: 31 45.6%
  • No they never free-range

Votes: 19 27.9%

• Total voters
no never, steve and jas have a 8ft x 6.5ft run with everythin they need, and have 24hr access to the outside. they go on the grass in a puppy pen when i can see then out the window. my garden isnt secure at all, :oops: and we have buzzards, as well as foxes so i darnt let them out!

No but I do have a drop pin pen which I can keep adding to so will eventually be the size of the lawn so near enough free range. I never leave them out in it if I am not outside though as we have a lot of cats coming round our garden.

Yes that was what I was thinking to get a pen with a lid the size of the garden (I havent got a huge garden - some of you have bigger set ups than my whole garden (is about 20ft x 7).. I think I could fit one on the lawn bit??
GEDC0017.jpg

Where did you get your drop pin pen from??

poll doesn't fit

I can't answer the poll because our set-up doesn't fit. The buns only go out when someone will be in all day, or most of the day. They aren't directly supervised, but they're in a high-walled garden with a locked gate. They have lots of shelter and our own cat is the dominant cat of the neighbourhood and knows them. There are buzzrds about, but the shelter level is high and we've mever known them to come close to housing, and in any case both are very big rabbits (but not quite giant). They LOVE it, and wait by the hutch door each morning for my OH wearing his 'rabbit coat' ready to be carried round to the 'rabbit garden'. It is bunny bliss.

I used to have my rabbits out all day and sometimes all night unsupervised- the walls were to high all around for foxes to jump over i think and i wasn't near any parks, it was a very built up area.

Here i have them in a 6ft pens, although they are unsupervised as i have high walls, they are penned in. Sometimes i let them out of the runs, but they are supervised when i do go outside the run, as one of the back walls is too low for me to feel comfortable letting them be unsupervised- one i get round to building that up, i will have them out free-range no doubt- My bunnys are big enough to fend off cats.

My cats co-exist peacefully and other cats are happy to lay next to the pens without trying to get them etc. The only thing that worrys me is that dogs can jump over the wall where i am now, i do take them in at a night now for this reason until the wall is built up again.

Back