• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you hold your rabbit's back feet when carrying them?

Zarla

Alpha Buck
I put my right hand under their body, left hand supporting their bottom and then hold their back feet gently together. Done this with four bunnies now and they always seem calm and never scrabble or try to get away...but my husband thinks it's a bit weird and won't touch their feet! Dusty flails her back legs a bit when he picks her up so he carries her around on a cushion!

What do other people do?

Either one hand on the chest and the other under the bum / back feet, or hold them against me with their feet on my chest. Leaving their back feet loose means they can cause spinal damage when they kick and twist. The wriggliest bunnies are probably safest when held with their feet against you so they can't kick.

I do similar, once i've supported the bum i extend the same hand to support the feet. Next moves for the carrying bit depends on the bunny. Mine have all been super chilled about being picked up, til I got Eddy.

I put one hand under there tummy and one hand cuffing there behind that way they can't kick out. Sometimes I would just carry them in my arms while supporting there legs to make sure they don't jump out.

Back