• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you agree with this...

mine have a small handful morning and night, thay are massive hay eaters so i may reduce the handful (feel bad though :? )

the guidance my vet gave was to fill the bowl and leave it for 5 minutes, what wasnt eaten after that time take away.......as a result of doing that for a few days I know give about 1/2 a ceramic bowl (between 3 rabbits). They get an extra few pellets for bribery purposes, eg if I need to groom or clip claws :wink:

I tried just the hay and veggie diet a while back and both of my rabbits lost an awful lot of weight. They really did get ridiuclously skinny so I had to start giving them pellets again. Now they are up to a perfect weight and its remaining constant which i guess is the most important thing. Mine get one of those ceraminc bowls with rabbit written on them about a quarter full between them every evening. It seems to be the perfect amount for them.

In summer buns dont really need pellets if they get unlimited Hay and a mix of veggies each day, most people feed Pellets for ease though and Cost. I do have to sort of agree though that they really don't nee dmany pellets at all, my lot get a quick handful each a day and thats it. But i think a teaspoon is rather tiny!!!

Back