• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do I need to go convoy?!

Biscuit's Mum!

Warren Veteran
I am taking Bikky to the vet tonight for her myxi jab. I am just wondering if I take Badger too. I suppose I ought to as if she comes back smelling strange it might upset their bond. But I am reluctant to upset him because he is still pretty skittish. :?

Which way do I go?!

It's really difficult to know how to play it, I'd mainly go on how strong you think their bond is and how long they will be apart.

I'm fairly new to bonded bunnies (15 months in) and at first I thought they'd have to go absolutely everywhere together. Now I only take one except if they are both due to go. They are apart for about 2 hours when one visits the vet. Roo had to be away for 48 hours just recently and Tink groomed him frantically when he got home :love:

I know a lot of people will advise you not to separate at all (and for some buns I'm sure that's right) but I don't want to put Roo through a journey he doesn't need. You'll find your own level on it, there really is no wrong and right.

I tend to take all mine in one go even if only one needs to go I feel the ill rabbit finds it less traumatic if they arent on their own

I always take Inca & Herbie to the Vets together. I even left Herbie with Inca the other week when she had to stay in all day.

In my established, close bonded pairs I only ever take the one.

If I have a newley estabished pair I take both.

i take both, soon to be 3, because if Phoenix goes in by herself she will stress out, and if Indi goes in and Phoenix is left behind she will stress out! I think they are happier staying together generally, unless its only a quick vax visit and the partner really hates travelling - then i'd be tempted to leave that one behind, if their bond is strong.

It's really difficult to know how to play it, I'd mainly go on how strong you think their bond is and how long they will be apart.

This is how I'm playing it with my two who have been together since July last year. They've both been at the vets a lot recently - but always separately :roll: I just take the one that needs to go and neither of them seem bothered by this arrangement. If I have to leave them at the vets without me, I will probably take both though.

I've always taken separately [unless both need vaccinating-then its only 1 trip].I even separated Loppy and Daisy for 2 days when he had stasis [I kept him with me indoors] as I had to get up in the night to check him, feed him etc.I was prepared to have to rebond but apart from a few chases and a little half hearted hump they went back together fine!!

Back