• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Devastated: Urgent, Please Help

No, it wasn't a spider bite or snake bite. We went through all of that. I checked all the cords etc. to make sure he hadn't chewed and gotten a shock, checked everywhere he'd been.

It's not been that hot here lately, and they're all housebuns in aircon anyway so the heat's not an issue.

It was definitely Calici. Lily was very ill as well but has started to recover and is eating voraciously once again, thank goodness.

The woman who treated her said this outbreak is particularly virulent, I don't know how she knows this but she's an expert with decades of experience and contact with bunny vets. I trust her.

I undertook very extreme barrier nursing to ensure the virus would not leave my bedroom as all my buns are housebuns. I was changing shoes in the doorway, using antibacterial gel, removing clothing etc. and it seems to have worked. It was just a fluke that Lucy's bedroom is the first one up the hallway and she's the one I always feed first or she would have caught it too.

Those bloody scientists have got a lot to answer for.

Have just read this as I am not on the forum a lot at the moment as we are in the process of moving house but I am so sorry for your loss :(

Run Free Forever Roger at the Bridge.

oh my! i am SO sorry for you. I cant imagine how hard it will be when my Bunny passes away. He is turning 3 years old this June and I heard that bunnies live around 4-8 years. :cry: Just know that I am praying for you and that you are not alone in this.
~Lucky Clover

i really hope all your buns are ok, especially lily!

I'm sooo sorry for your bunny Roger :(:(:( I can't imagine what you are going through :(

Binky Free Roer xxx

Back