• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dennis isn’t eating

Aaaw. So glad Dennis is home where he belongs. You are very sensible having insurance for all your furries. How did they notice that Syrup needed a dental when they were nursing Dennis. That is impressive! Maybe you should give them access to more hay :):):):)

Haha she eats hay all the time! I asked them to do health checks whilst they where there. Syrup needs one once a year as part of her insurance policy. She said she has spurs that aren’t causing too much of a immediate problem but will need to do them in a few weeks or so. I will probably do a double whammy and get her dental done the same time as Dennis has his CT

Aaaw. So glad Dennis is home where he belongs. You are very sensible having insurance for all your furries. How did they notice that Syrup needed a dental when they were nursing Dennis. That is impressive! Maybe you should give them access to more hay :):):):)

:lol: totally agree :)

Aww sorry to hear Maples tushy pegs are a worry, though if her hay consumption & poop is good maybe they are not worrying her. Boobly had her health check & triple vac with Ruth last week & we were told her teeth are the best they've been. Last health check before that we were to keep a close eye on her as dental was deemed imminent.

I look forward to seeing photos of your superstars when they are up to it :love: I bet you're cream crackered

Aww sorry to hear Maples tushy pegs are a worry, though if her hay consumption & poop is good maybe they are not worrying her. Boobly had her health check & triple vac with Ruth last week & we were told her teeth are the best they've been. Last health check before that we were to keep a close eye on her as dental was deemed imminent.

I look forward to seeing photos of your superstars when they are up to it :love: I bet you're cream crackered

See, I was tempted to wait and see if she would show signs of needing a dental but I didn't know if that was sensible. She spends most of life eating hay or sleeping so it did catch me off guard. Maybe I'll take her with lad and get them to have a little check again. Maple looks greasy like she's had lots of hooman smoothing :lol:

See, I was tempted to wait and see if she would show signs of needing a dental but I didn't know if that was sensible. She spends most of life eating hay or sleeping so it did catch me off guard. Maybe I'll take her with lad and get them to have a little check again. Maple looks greasy like she's had lots of hooman smoothing :lol:

I was told that Tethra had very small spurs a couple of years ago during a health check. I was told to monitor carefully for signs that they were causing a problem. Well, that was two years ago and nothing has indicated that they are hurting him.

Its a difficult one. I always think that assessing spurs is a little subjective both from the vets & rabbits point of view - some are chill about them, some just can't cope. I bet Syrup has been smooshed by VN hands throughout their visit - she deserves it though :love: If your bunnies have warm left ears its because I've been singing their praises all day. Hats off to you, TTT & uncle John too

I was told that Tethra had very small spurs a couple of years ago during a health check. I was told to monitor carefully for signs that they were causing a problem. Well, that was two years ago and nothing has indicated that they are hurting him.

That’s fantastic- is Tethra a super duper hay eater too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t sleep as I am still a little concerned about lad. He’s still tucked away and only came out for a few around 12. I don’t know if he just needs a bit of time to trust again or if he’s not feeling well. I gave him some parsley at three o clock this morning and he ate it. He is eating quite slow but I’m wondering if it’s the new med as Jane said it is sedative. He seems to have got really really old in the space of a few days

I can’t sleep as I am still a little concerned about lad. He’s still tucked away and only came out for a few around 12. I don’t know if he just needs a bit of time to trust again or if he’s not feeling well. I gave him some parsley at three o clock this morning and he ate it. He is eating quite slow but I’m wondering if it’s the new med as Jane said it is sedative. He seems to have got really really old in the space of a few days

I think if he is on Bupe’ long term he will be a lot quieter than normal, it can effect the appetite too meaning Bunny eats less. IME most Rabbits are very sensitive to the sedating effects of Bupe’. Never had that issue with Tramadol though. Personally I much prefer using Tramadol as part of the drug protocol for managing arthritic pain. It is what Endeavour has during a pain flair, as well as his usual Metacam.

Last edited:
Lots of vibes for Dennis. I think the main thing for now is he is not in pain. Maybe ask for the review of his treatment earlier. I hope he can be tempted to eat more xxx

Back