• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Deluxe hay bar from Manor Pet Housing - any RUer tried?

tainay

Warren Scout
Saw this in their facebook and that's a fantastic idea!
538542_276229912490008_1356990676_n.jpg

Also found one on ebay (link)which is made by 'Helicopter Ear Rescue'. This comes with a frame 'lid' thing to stop buns kick their litter out.
$(KGrHqZHJCYFB8qSR4kUBQhFt2z6Vg~~60_12.JPG

I'm trying to save up for one of the above as they are quite expensive (Manor Pet Housing £37+6p&p, Helicopter Ear £42+8p&p). Thought would be good to ask before invest. Anyone tried any of the above? How do you feel?

Tainay xx

I've not used them, They look good but I can't run to them having spent a bomb on runaround stuff :lol: I use a large high sided plastic recycling box from b and q which cost me £3 and has a scooped out entrance hole, with a brass cup hook screwed into the hutch above the litter tray and a plastic basket from asda £3 for 3 http://direct.asda.com/ASDA-Mini-Flexi-Baskets---3-Pack/001424753,default,pd.html?prsrc=3 hung from it with the hay in it. We used sharp scissors to cut the holes into each other so they could get the hay out. Ginger and Apricot use it just fine but Dandy and Beano have heavily customised theirs so there ar much bigger holes in it :lol:

I'm sure someone on here has one... I was tempted but then I imagined my bunnies would wee out of the tray and all the wood would get wee soaked :roll: even if painted they tend to chew just enough to expose some bare wood then wee all over it! And I decided its a lot of money to risk! It does look good tho :thumb:

I had a standard size one (from Manor Pet Housing) for Millie (lionhead) and Humbug (lop) and found it was quite small and the pee would seep over the edge (would obviously depend on rabbit size) so I had one custom made to fit the biggest cat litter tray from pets at home and it's perfect!

The hay does sometimes get stuck in the bars like, but I do use very stalky hay, and its easily pulled back out by determined buns :lol:

It looks very pretty and pretty useful for those that like to push their litter trays around. However I've seen a few reviews saying it's not quite big enough, but as another poster on this thread has said they can do custom sizes!

Saw this in their facebook and that's a fantastic idea!
538542_276229912490008_1356990676_n.jpg

Also found one on ebay (link)which is made by 'Helicopter Ear Rescue'. This comes with a frame 'lid' thing to stop buns kick their litter out.
$(KGrHqZHJCYFB8qSR4kUBQhFt2z6Vg~~60_12.JPG

I'm trying to save up for one of the above as they are quite expensive (Manor Pet Housing £37+6p&p, Helicopter Ear £42+8p&p). Thought would be good to ask before invest. Anyone tried any of the above? How do you feel?

Tainay xx

I have that one from manor it's only big enough for one bunny to fit in

20130419_201958-1.jpg

I had a standard size one (from Manor Pet Housing) for Millie (lionhead) and Humbug (lop) and found it was quite small and the pee would seep over the edge (would obviously depend on rabbit size) so I had one custom made to fit the biggest cat litter tray from pets at home and it's perfect!

The hay does sometimes get stuck in the bars like, but I do use very stalky hay, and its easily pulled back out by determined buns :lol:

Is your largest litter tray this one? I'm thinking of customising this one but don't know how to take the dimensions... :oops:

I'm sure someone on here has one... I was tempted but then I imagined my bunnies would wee out of the tray and all the wood would get wee soaked :roll: even if painted they tend to chew just enough to expose some bare wood then wee all over it! And I decided its a lot of money to risk! It does look good tho :thumb:

I've painted their forage box I made and they distressed it after day 1 :lol: post is here

I really want one of these! They're out of stock currently though, so the alternatives on here are helpful. Thanks!

Back