• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daventry bunny run - UD/Postponed

Thank you everyone for all the kind offers. :wave: Will be in touch via pm once a plan seems viable. If you don't hear by Thursday night assume it''s all sorted, and thank you very much again! :D

I think it comes down to an either/or decision re Daventry/Rugby:

1. coco1200/Janak in Daventry. Slightly more convenient for spider, but Janak will need to borrow a dog-crate; or

2. Snowy/Thea in Rugby who already has the set-up to provide temporary accommodation, but is 5 or so miles from Daventry.

Whoever it is to be, I will need house number and postcode for the satnav and a contact phone number in case of delays etc.

But this is very much on, I think :)

Clarification please!

I've heard nothing from Janak so must assume he is unable to take these three rabbits. That's fine, as snowy/Theo is tee'd up to take them instead. However we need to know what happens on Monday.

*spider*/Hettie - Please (i) confirm you can pick them up from Theo on Monday, (ii) contact her to make the necessary arrangements, and (iii) give me a call or PM me so that I know what's going on.

In view of the predicted heavy snow in the SE and home counties this weekend, and in view of Christmas being just over a week away, we need to be sure we can complete this bunny run so that Theo isn't left bunny-sitting them over Christmas.

Sorry if this sounds like nagging, but if we can't complete the run before Christmas these rabbits may be better off staying where they are for the time being.

I've heard nothing from Janak so must assume he is unable to take these three rabbits. That's fine, as snowy/Theo is tee'd up to take them instead. However we need to know what happens on Monday.

*spider*/Hettie - Please (i) confirm you can pick them up from Theo on Monday, (ii) contact her to make the necessary arrangements, and (iii) give me a call or PM me so that I know what's going on.

In view of the predicted heavy snow in the SE and home counties this weekend, and in view of Christmas being just over a week away, we need to be sure we can complete this bunny run so that Theo isn't left bunny-sitting them over Christmas.

Sorry if this sounds like nagging, but if we can't complete the run before Christmas these rabbits may be better off staying where they are for the time being.

I've had a pm from Janak - I think he's contacting Cluttery Drawer re crates etc, so it should be sorted that he can take them. Anybunny, could you and Janak liaise re handover? I'll check out the weather forecast. Many thanks to everyone who's offered to help :wave:

I've had a pm from Janak - I think he's contacting Cluttery Drawer re crates etc, so it should be sorted that he can take them. Anybunny, could you and Janak liaise re handover? I'll check out the weather forecast. Many thanks to everyone who's offered to help :wave:

I take it I am not needed now then?

As long as Janak and Cluttery Drawer can liaise then I don't think so, but am very grateful for the offer. Hopefully all can be finalised today :wave:

It also depends on Hettie being able to pick the bunnies up from Janak on Monday and them not being left in limbo.

It also depends on Hettie being able to pick the bunnies up from Janak on Monday and them not being left in limbo.

The weather forecast for monday in the east anglia region is snow at the moment :?

Louise is coming over to us from essex on Sunday weather permitting if thats any help but I am about 30 miles south of daventry

Hi guys, I am without a computer at the moment, it completley died on me yesterday, so I apologise to everyone who I was supposed to contact, but I will send all relavent PMs now and get this sorted. I will use my phone to get on RU until my computer is sorted at home, but its rather difficult typing out PMs on there! :wave:

I've looked at the weather reports and am inclined to think it's all being exaggerated for the sake of headline-grabbing. According to forecasts yesterday, we were meant to have heavy snow today but instead it hasn't even settled; that is the three flakes that actually fell!

BBC weather indicates no snow anywhere after Saturday 9am,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209

so if the Leeds/Daventry part of the journey is okay for Friday I don't see any problems.

After looking at the weather forecasts and talking to Hannah (Camp Nibble) I've decided it would be better to postpone the bunnyrun until the weather improves and the vets re-open after Christmas. I'll pm those directly concerned individually, but wanted to thank everyone who offered to help - watch this space post-Xmas! :wave:

Unfortunately the snow has now arrived so it doesn't feel right to go ahead this time around.

Thank you again, everyone who was going to help or had offered to... :wave:

no worries

I am a little south of daventry here and we have a few inches of snow, my housemate is part of a 4x4 emergency response team and has just been put on standby :shock: so I dont think it's going to improve!

the crate will still be here after xmas if you need it :wave:

no worries

I am a little south of daventry here and we have a few inches of snow, my housemate is part of a 4x4 emergency response team and has just been put on standby :shock: so I dont think it's going to improve!

the crate will still be here after xmas if you need it :wave:

Ah, I was about to pm you - thank you!! :wave:

Back