• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Darius - Missing

I think he was about 1 in 2010, but 11 is still very old for a Conti. She certainly has an ‘interesting ‘reputation in the Rabbit Breeding community :shock:

She reckons she has never lost a giant under the age of 9 now that's another record, and says because they have such a great diet. Yet she feeds them rubbish tonnes carrots and cabbage daily

I think the reason she keeps rabbits is to ensure she’s in the limelight, esp as she’s a glamour model.......

Is that the same woman that was on a TV show years back with a giant rabbit that she was feeding **** to.Packets of digestives etc.

Had to read again, that "longest living rabbit" at age 12 got me confused. Anyone knows of other such methusalem giants? Quite unlikely to be one of a kind and record holder in lenght at the same time.
I reckon the diet of a giant can be quite different to what an average rabbit needs, are there more detailed infos about that? Saying what he needs to be fed might actually help if he indeed was stolen.
Does she sell rabbits regularily, or just bred for records?

Explaining all critics with jealousy is easy, on the other hand, once a person becames a target in social media it builds up it's own momentum.
Wiered stuff, anyway.

Had to read again, that "longest living rabbit" at age 12 got me confused. Anyone knows of other such methusalem giants? Quite unlikely to be one of a kind and record holder in lenght at the same time.
I reckon the diet of a giant can be quite different to what an average rabbit needs, are there more detailed infos about that? Saying what he needs to be fed might actually help if he indeed was stolen.

Explaining all critics with jealousy is easy, on the other hand, once a person becames a target in social media it builds up it's own momentum.
Wiered stuff, anyway.

Sells them all the time, £250 a Kit. She posted a for sale ad’ a few hours after the alleged theft. One Rabbit sold to someone in the USA died in transit on a United Airlines flight :cry:

Exporting Rabbits abroad :roll:

Wiered stuff, anyway.

Sells constantly, as Jane says £250 but often charges £60 on top if you want them vaccinated. There are a number of people who claim several instances of her buying entire litters from other breeders and selling them on as her own. TBH I really don't understand how she hasn't been investigated for fraud before, unless it is just not taken seriously because they are "just" rabbits - and those who have potentially been duped are understandably reluctant to come forward and will defend their bunnies as "genuine" regardless.
Diet is basically the same, scaled up for size. But she once claimed that their growth was a result of feeding broccoli stalks, so I'm not sure her advice should be heeded too much anyway (that one I read for myself, though there is always the pinch of salt for it being a newspaper article).
The irony of this one is that she has said he is too old to breed so just to bring him back, yet is still selling "his" rabbits herself.

But she once claimed that their growth was a result of feeding broccoli stalks, so I'm not sure her advice should be heeded too much anyway (that one I read for myself, though there is always the pinch of salt for it being a newspaper article).
Well if that's true my medium bunnies should be monsters by now! :lol:

Those cruel internet people are being mean to her out of jealousy, suuuure. :roll:

I just feel so sorry for the bunnies. Rabbits are not meant to be that big, and it's like their being big is all she and other people care about. :(

Spot on. I love my big guys, but we fell into having them because Odin needed a home. Whilst we love their size, their health and fitness is far more important than their weight or length - they are big enough!
I can't believe she is saying that he hasn't bred for years, I am sure there are people in the giant fb group who claim to have one of his rabbits. And tbh I'm astonished that she is only offering £2k - pet dogs are often given more of a reward than that, and they haven't made their owner thousands if not tens of thousands of pounds!! Makes me very very sad.

Spot on. I love my big guys, but we fell into having them because Odin needed a home. Whilst we love their size, their health and fitness is far more important than their weight or length - they are big enough!
I can't believe she is saying that he hasn't bred for years, I am sure there are people in the giant fb group who claim to have one of his rabbits. And tbh I'm astonished that she is only offering £2k - pet dogs are often given more of a reward than that, and they haven't made their owner thousands if not tens of thousands of pounds!! Makes me very very sad.
Exactly, you love big Odin and big Freja, but you don't love them because they're big. That's just one part of them for you. These people seem to just care about the bunnies being as big as possible, regardless of what it means for their welfare and their health. :(

It doesn't seem like a lot of money for a bunny that's supposed to be so special to her, does it... :( Maybe she doesn't have more than that, though.

Show and prize bunnies are often breed along maternal or paternal lines to get an animal with as much of the desired genetic material of the show or prize bunny into the successive generations. So breed to daughter, then grandmaughter, then great granddaughter , and so on ; and this tight breeding is not good for health of offspring. I bet purchasers were often left with bunnies prone to health issues.
After 10 years, I wonder how many offspring she kept. She may have loaned him to collect stud fees too, very stressful for a bunny.

While it is awful if she defrauded purchasers, I do not feel sorry for the purchasers who want only his litters when so many large bunnies are in need of homes already.

Last edited:
Back