• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daffodil Cottage finished at last!

Wow! Thats fab!!
Where did you get your playhouse from?

I got it from Waltons!! I did look at several other websites, this house is the tallest I could find (about 5ft 8, my height!) and gave the best footage for money at £249 IMHO. Delivery was free, they threw in a tin huge tin of safe treatment paint, which matches my new fences. I also paid £120 for it to be put up by waltons, then paid £450 for a carpenter to line, clad and mesh the whole thing ( he bought the material)! it took him ages, and the other quote I got was £650!!!! I should have just let the carpenter put it up, it would have been cheaper and easier for him to line it as he put it up.
I shall be driving my old banger for another year it looks like!!

This morning I see destructabun Peter has noshed the rug up, and they have peed on it (despite two litter trays :roll:) so that will have to come out, bet they hate the lino floor.

I love the set up :):):)

My rabbits have lino tiles on the floor of their hutch which are proving useless :roll: I wanted them to fully use their litter trays so less cleaning but I end up emptying the litter trays every days and full clean too!

Looks fantastic. I have been looking at runaround products because my playhouse is on a raised deck. I will be adding a run next to it but wondered about using runaround things to make a tube from the playhouse to a second run on the grass. How have you found the mesh tunnel?

I love them, they are very solid . I have 2 of the largest sized tunnel as I worried big Lola (JLOla as I call her) might have trouble with a smaller one, but they all would have been fine size wise. I worry about the large sized holes in the mesh, and may cover them with weldmesh just in case a fox took a swipe at them whilst they were in the tunnel, but in reality its unlikely as the tunnels are very near my backdoor and I usually cover them at night. I use heavy weights to hold the tunnels close to the paving again just for extra security ( fox paranoia).

netting

Where did you get the netting from? It looks good to put over a 6' high run to stop cats walking over it. As i am moving to back yard land where there are plenty of feline friends exploring may be that would better than an aviary panel for a roof...what do you think???

Where did you get the netting from? It looks good to put over a 6' high run to stop cats walking over it. As i am moving to back yard land where there are plenty of feline friends exploring may be that would better than an aviary panel for a roof...what do you think???

The netting is from the same company that I bought the metal run from, for covering that.. To be honest I'm not really happy using it over the verandah area, as I feel a determined cat just wouldn't be kept out by it. It is very flimsey. I will be trying something better/more ridgid soon, as this area is the weak link when the door is open, perhaps some more dreaded mesh when my wounds have healed!!

This morning I see destructabun Peter has noshed the rug up, and they have peed on it (despite two litter trays :roll:) so that will have to come out, bet they hate the lino floor.

Marley has always hated smooth floors, ive put fleece at either side of my playhouse with a line of lino down the middle. I never thought hed get used to it, but he seems to be quite confident on it now. IM sure bunbuns will get used to it :) :wave:

Fab set up! I just wish i had more room for a bigger run :( I rekon i could get a 4x8 squeezed in in teh future ;)

Back