• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Custom walk in Enclosure - Where to get quotes from?

Livi

Alpha Buck
I am so excited – currently getting quotes for the following walk in enclosure (to house my 6 foot double storey hutch) & would really appreciate if anyone could recommend where/who I could get some quotes from.

NewHutchLayout.jpg

Approx 6.2ft Wide x 5ft Deep x 6ft Tall Enclosure – With Roof
Back Panel to be Solid Wood
Front Panel to be Secure Galvanised Welded Mesh, with mesh door.
Side Panels to be 2.5ft Solid Wood where they join onto the Solid Wood Back Panel (hutch will be housed in the ‘solid section’ against the back panel)
2.5ft Secure Galvanised Welded Mesh where they join onto the front Mesh.
Wooden skirting trim required around the bottom of the Mesh Panels.
With either solid wooden floor or mesh – not yet decided.

Ideally I would somehow like to be able to build a really strong support to enable me to be able to place the hutch up higher allowing the buns to have a 5x6ft run instead of about a 3.2ft x 6ft run….with space to go under the hutch to snuggle if they wish! But I will need to look into that once the run is here & assembled.

I know really they should have a minimum of a 6x4ft run (so its not ideal if I cant put the hutch up higher) however currently we don’t have a space I can put an enclosure in that measures that size, and as I am very fox conscious I would rather try and get this sorted even as a temp fix…because I like them to have constant access to jump about!

They will still be given daily access to a grass 7x4ft run and we are working on bunny proofing a 25x25ft section of the garden for supervised free ranging. So they are getting sufficient space!

Might just be best to buy ready made aviary panels, and put them together yourself. Most aviary companies do panels in various widths (3ft, 2ft, 1ft) so you can make virtually any size enclosure

Back