• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Couple of new questions

cd02

Young Bun
I don't get to post on here as much I'd like to but always check out the posts and have found some great ideas which we're slowly putting into practice which I'd like to say Thanks to everyone for.

Anyway, thought I'd ask if anyone has any information regarding the following...

Firstly, we recently stopped using sawdust in Pancakes' cage and ever since, there are poo's everywhere in there where as before, he'd poo in the litter tray only.

Secondly, I was lying on the floor the other night and Pancakes came along and started licking my head (i'm bald) which I don't mind but he's now also starting nibbling and licking my arms. Is this normal? As he doesn't do the same to my gf.

Lastly, we've noticed every couple of hours Pancakes will run around the living room and rub his chin on corners, the cable, the fireplace, even the sky box. Is this also normal?

Look forward to reading your replies :wave:

The licking means he loves you:love:

The chin rubbing means he is making things his. He's leaving his scent on things to says 'this is MINE' ;)

You're very lucky, Pancake sounds like a sweetie :love:
How old is he? Is he neutered? If not it might help with him marking his territory xx

I don't get to post on here as much I'd like to but always check out the posts and have found some great ideas which we're slowly putting into practice which I'd like to say Thanks to everyone for.

Anyway, thought I'd ask if anyone has any information regarding the following...

Firstly, we recently stopped using sawdust in Pancakes' cage and ever since, there are poo's everywhere in there where as before, he'd poo in the litter tray only.try placing newspaper in the litter tray with a layer of megazorb or carefresh or dust extracted wood chips underneath then hay ontop and use a different bedding for rest of cage area ie towel/safe vet bed etc etc,

Secondly, I was lying on the floor the other night and Pancakes came along and started licking my head (i'm bald) which I don't mind but he's now also starting nibbling and licking my arms. Is this normal? As he doesn't do the same to my gf.he lvoes you very much and is grooming you, you can groom him back by stroking him this is a happy bunny

Lastly, we've noticed every couple of hours Pancakes will run around the living room and rub his chin on corners, the cable, the fireplace, even the sky box. Is this also normal? this is him scenting things to say its mine...its mine...oh thats mine too.... this may decrease with neutering(As will hte litter box training improve if he isnt already done) but i wouldnt wory about it scenting in this way is normal and nessacery to all bunnys, if you ever get a freind for him you will need to neutralise the house though whiite vinegar usually does this...be thankful our bunnsys spray or poop to mark their territory!! chin rubbing is the better type!

Look forward to reading your replies :wave:
hope this all helped xx

Sorry about the late reply.

Thanks for all the replies and nice to know he :love: me lol

He's 7 months old and isn't neutered yet.

Back