• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cost of keeping a rabbit

I get a bale of hay every 2/3 weeks which costs me £6 and its great keeps them warm lots of hay and they love it! food is about £5, Readi Grass £11 a bale. Um... toys, they get apple branches all time, and they have their toys which they dont use! vet bills oh god dont get me started!! er......keep buying new accomidation for them :lol: :oops: um so quite a lot! eek!

tried throwing ours away but the vet always seems to find them!:oops: :(

Jill, you have to pay by card (which hubby has worked all week to fill up) then chuck the receipt in the bin..... go home, tell hubby the kids ate loads and grew a bit, so needed new clothes that week.... voila, no vet bill. :D

I don't want to know :lol: Erm, £14 on SS, £3.50 on bale of hay, £10 posh hay if I have any spare money to spend on them & maybe £10 on toys. Just realised that I can't actually keep Tilly, I know that if a few of them were ill at once I wouldn't be able to afford vet bills so as much as I love her I'm going to have to rehome her as I'd planned to originally :(

I have no idea :shock: Therefore I go with Chloe - it must be free :D

I buy bulk and keep stocked up and have never noticed how long anything lasts....and after reading these posts I'm not going to monitor it either :shock:

Don't tend to add it up then it doesn't hurt and doesn't matter. I use debit card for everything so I don't actually spend any cash at all per month - guess that makes it free:lol:

Bumped into a friend from work in supermarket the other day after school and she asked what lovely tea I was going to make hubby- I laughed and said the spring greens, carrots and other healthy veg was all for the rabbits not for hubby.:oops:

1 bag of a&p £6 lasts about 6 weeks.
£4.50 for a bale of hay, lasts about 4 weeks ish.
Veg I don't know since they eat what we get and I never keep track of it.

Say £10 a month vets and vaccines.

Yay! Less than £20 a month for 7 rabbits.
:lol:

I'm ignoring petplan and toys/treats/exotic hays since they are extra's and not needed to keep them alive. So there. :p

Excluding vets bills I guess I spend (thinking optimistically) about £20-£30 a month...but thats just the inernet bill, I tend to get litter and veg with the weekly shop so that doesn't count :D

o and I have the same bill filing system.

Back