• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cooking Minced Chicken = Captive Audience

We used to get frozen put mince which they could eat raw, i couldnt do that so i boiled it. OMG the smell was that bad i was chucking up in a bucket while cooking it. This went on for a week then i gave up, husband had to cook it while i was upstairs. Does that smell as bad jane.

We used to get frozen put mince which they could eat raw, i couldnt do that so i boiled it. OMG the smell was that bad i was chucking up in a bucket while cooking it. This went on for a week then i gave up, husband had to cook it while i was upstairs. Does that smell as bad jane.

I do it in the microwave, it's the only cooking equipment I have !! It does smell, but no-where near as bad as Tripe Sticks ! It just smells like cooked meat, which is yucky to me, a Vegetarian. I just try to breathe through my mouth when it's cooking and he doesn't have it every day.

Even as a firm meat-eater, I can't stand anything fatty cooking in the open :S Frying non-lean mince even gets me these days! Mum was grilling belly pork really slowly one day when I came home after school: I had to go into the garden and around the houses for HOURS while it went away! And it wasn't warm out either! Boiled mince is foul too :S

Chicken mince is very popular in Europe, isn't it? I know I like it :) Not sure I could do as good a captivated job as Morse though :lol:

ETA: completely forgot to say I love ox tongue! I quite like a lot of offal-y type things actually, just not the 'normal' ones (liver and kidney). We had rabbit at home once and I didn't much like the taste and then I was put right off when I accidentally bit into a kidney ::vom-central:: Still regret not at least TRYING tripe in Germany where it was in the subsidised work cafe so cheap!

Last edited:
Even as a firm meat-eater, I can't stand anything fatty cooking in the open :S Frying non-lean mince even gets me these days! Mum was grilling belly pork really slowly one day when I came home after school: I had to go into the garden and around the houses for HOURS while it went away! And it wasn't warm out either! Boiled mince is foul too :S

Chicken mince is very popular in Europe, isn't it? I know I like it :) Not sure I could do as good a captivated job as Morse though :lol:

ETA: completely forgot to say I love ox tongue! I quite like a lot of offal-y type things actually, just not the 'normal' ones (liver and kidney). We had rabbit at home once and I didn't much like the taste and then I was put right off when I accidentally bit into a kidney ::vom-central:: Still regret not at least TRYING tripe in Germany where it was in the subsidised work cafe so cheap!

Oh god, not again !!.............................. :mrgreen: :lol:

Back