• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

COMPLETE change in behaviour?!

tashakatie

Young Bun
Hello! :wave:

I just want to bring up my bunny Franks behaviour and see if anyone has experienced anything similar?

Frank was a rescue bun who I adopted at about 3 months old (according to vet)- I had to get him neutered immediately as he was very hormonal and had a good pair of conkers already! :oops:

Although the castration stopped his spraying etc. he was still really aggressive towards us, either running and hiding or constantly lunging and growling at us if we tried to interact with him...
Vet confirmed no illness or injury so we put it down as his personality and respected his space.

However:
Since finding him the right bonded friend (this wasn't easy- it took tries with 7 different bunnies!) he has dramatically changed his behaviour.
Frank now runs up to me as fast as he can when I am on his level, and immediately starts licking me without me encouraging it. He will occasionally also let me pet him back although he still isn't keen on this.

I am just gobsmacked and so happy that something so simple as finding him the right friend has bought out this endearingly sweet and affectionate side to him.
Lunging, growling and running away has completely stopped!

Has anyone else experienced this? :love:

That's so lovely! :love:

I don't have any experience, but it sounds like you've made him really happy. Well done for persevering after trying so many times x

Back