• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Combi vaccine and previous vaccination history

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
I knew there was a problem previously with bunnies who'd been vaccinated with myxo and VHD seperately not necessarily building up a full immune response when switched onto the combi vaccine. I thought I'd read that this was no longer a problem.

Went to the vets today with the intention of getting their single VHD's and I'd forgotten the vaccination cards. So we ended up doing the combined vaccine now instead of when we planned in 6 months.

Is the above issue still up in the air? Or do we have confirmation either way?

I did check for answers first but I couldn't find a definitive answer and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's a bit unsure.

Last edited:
As far as i am aware there is now only an issue with bunnies that have previously had the myxi illness and survived. In which case the first time they have the new dual vaccination they will need a second one two weeks later :wave:

As far as i am aware there is now only an issue with bunnies that have previously had the myxi illness and survived. In which case the first time they have the new dual vaccination they will need a second one two weeks later :wave:

Fab, thanks! I knew I'd read somewhere that it should be okay. Neither of mine have had myxo so hopefully they should be fine :D!

Back