• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cold Weather

I'm cross-posting this from my cold snap thread because I think it's important.

Apparently the data coming out of the computers is showing serious parallels to the bitterly cold winter of 1981. If the pattern follows through we could be looking at:

Night-time temperatures down to -18 (!) in England. :shock:
Daytime temperatures of -10 (!) :shock:
Days on end when the temperature struggles to get above -5 :shock:

Not to mention freezing fog that doesn't clear for a week or more.

This isn't about one or two cold nights, but about a period that could stretch to a couple of weeks when the temperature never rises above freezing and night time temperatures are well below anything we have seen in recent years. The prediction is for the cold snap to last until at least Christmas.

Please - make sure you, and your bunnies, are prepared.

:wave::shock: Blimey - glad I am not having to go out to work in the mornings at the mo :lol: I bought a snugglesafe and gave it to Ness with the cover on and she started biting it but, I think I could use it without the cover under her hay although it does say not to let them chew it, it does feel quite hard plastic though, has anyone else had a bun chewing them? I have used it while she is out running around to warm up the hay - hot water bottle does that aswell. Also I might look into a bit of heating could people put pics of their outside heating on for ideas? x

Mine has just been put in today so I'll do some pics later in the week :D

:wave: That would be great thankyou, I did see one heater tube type thing in another thread from argos and was thinking might get that tomorrow, it's really bitter tonight although been out to check on Ness who you can just about see for hay :love: :lol: and she was lovely and warm - ears just right but, if it gets colder I would like to put it on just for a few hours to take the chill out.

Bramble is loving his Snugglesafe - caught him sitting on it for the first time the other night. He seems to like licking it - funny bunny! :lol:

Back