• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Coccidiosis Preventative Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont use Jeyes very often on the bunnies housing (but its great for doggy poo and wee areas and you can disinfect soil that cats have toileted in!! ) but the concrete around the hutches gets done a lot, the flies hate it! Every few weeks I do the hutches (or if theres a chance a poorly foster bun could have been in there). Its not practical in the winter as it doesnt dry quick enough,so I use hutch sprays the rest of the time. I chuck a bucket of watered down solution in, leave it for a couple of mins to kill off the germs, then scrape the excess out with a window squeegey.... I have been known to rinse off with clear water to reduce the smell and dry off with some paper towels, though the smell has usually gone in a couple of hours.:)

Last edited:
I am being very dense here - does the Jeyes fluid need rinsing off or can it air dry. Also how about bleach, does that need rinsing off. Sorry, am new to all this.

As far as I'm aware you dont HAVE to rinse off either and once dried its supposed to be safe, but in a small area it may be a good idea to rinse, to reduce the fumes..... I cant bear the smell of bleach!

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware you dont HAVE to rinse off either and once dried its supposed to be safe, but in a small area it may be a good idea to rinse, to reduce the fumes..... I cant bear the smell of bleach!

I ALWAYS rinse off after washing with Jeyes for safety sake, I wouldn;t want to put any bunnies in danger as it is so strong

To ellepotter: I just want to say that I'm sorry for everything you've been through and am relieved that you finally have some answers. Thank you for sharing your experience and the successful conclusions for treatment. Thinking of you and your bunnies xxxxx

Yeah and Raven - when you PM me:

...'how come u are trying to take cred for my treatment of coccidosis when you know for a fact it was me. its really bad i have got something to prove and need to please please can you at least give me the credit i deserve please'

......it doesn't make me feel ashamed or full of admiration or in fact anything except :shock: :lol: :lol: but it's hilarious how seriously you take yourself so I have diagnosed you are a MAN :shock:

are you trying to be funny i am in fact a woman if you must know i have had ppl taking credit for my work since i was a kid and am fed up of it can you plz just admit it was me that surgested it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back