• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clicker training for Rabbits?

Some of the older members may recall I've trained past rabbits to do all sorts, from basics like coming when called to agility/jumping and even playing basketball with a mini hoop. I've tried using a clicker but I don't think it helps at all, if you give them the reward straight after doing what you want them to then they'll associate the trick or whatever with food (trick = food), so as long as you give them their treat swiftly there's absolutely no need to use a clicker device (trick = click = food). If you're not very mobile and it's going to take you a few seconds to reach down and give them their treat then it might be useful, although you could just use a verbal cue.

PS If any of you are unfamiliar with Bini the Bunny search for some videos, it's where I got the basketball idea from, he's one smart little bunny

I love Bini :love:

He's even got a page on Wiki :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bini_the_Bunny

Back