• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chopping 2' off Bottom of Shed? UD p33 Bought a Bike Shed!

That one is the right size, but we'd have to make a floor and some windows... I'll have to put that question to Mr DIY, I wouldn't know where to begin with something like that! :oops: Sounds complicated to me!

It's a good price and free delivery though! :)

Windows and floor are surprisingly easy to do :D Ask him, even I can manage it (with lots of fumbling and googling) :D

Windows and floor are surprisingly easy to do :D Ask him, even I can manage it (with lots of fumbling and googling) :D

:lol:

I'm sure I could manage it with the help of gaffa tape! It might not look pretty, but that stuff can fix anything! :lol:

That one is the right size, but we'd have to make a floor and some windows... I'll have to put that question to Mr DIY, I wouldn't know where to begin with something like that! :oops: Sounds complicated to me!

It's a good price and free delivery though! :)

For £60 he sells a floor.

Windows are easy to do, you need some screws, u nails, battoning and mesh and a jigsaw and off you go

Thinking about it, we have to cut a hole in the side for a cat flap anyway, so a window shouldn't be any harder than that, should it?

£60 seems a lot for a base... Both me and my dad have lots of bits of wood lying around. What would I need for one? A 4x6 piece of wood and some batons?

I have a couple of large pieces of wood that are about 7cm thick that should do for the batons.

I've got 3 pieces of decking doing nothing at the bottom of the garden, they're 4x3, I wonder if we could use those?

It doesn't matter which side the door is on :wave:

The cheapest playhouse I've seen so far is £274.99. :(

If you know a special place that would be great! :D

:wave: I believe that all Focus stores are closing down. Anyway, when I went in my local one two days ago there was a cute 4ft by 4ft playhouse for £99.

Thinking about it, we have to cut a hole in the side for a cat flap anyway, so a window shouldn't be any harder than that, should it?

£60 seems a lot for a base... Both me and my dad have lots of bits of wood lying around. What would I need for one? A 4x6 piece of wood and some batons?

I have a couple of large pieces of wood that are about 7cm thick that should do for the batons.

I've got 3 pieces of decking doing nothing at the bottom of the garden, they're 4x3, I wonder if we could use those?

Basically any bits of wood you have lying around can make the base :D As long as it's ventilated underneath (up on a few bricks) then it should have no problems :D!

Just had a long chat with my dad about it, and he thinks we should go with your suggestion! :) So thank you Yaretzi! :wave:

Just going to have a quick Google in case there are any new offers since you found that one, but that looks like a good price to me!

I love a new project! I'm so excited now! :D

Yay :D Glad to be of help! I think I might go into business as an official shed-helper, for everyones shed needs :shock:? It's kinda fun :oops:!

:wave: I believe that all Focus stores are closing down. Anyway, when I went in my local one two days ago there was a cute 4ft by 4ft playhouse for £99.

Thanks for the tip! I'd forgotten about that! :wave:

The one near me closed years ago, but there's one near my dad's house, so I've sent him! :oops: :lol:

Basically any bits of wood you have lying around can make the base :D As long as it's ventilated underneath (up on a few bricks) then it should have no problems :D!

Yay :D Glad to be of help! I think I might go into business as an official shed-helper, for everyones shed needs :shock:? It's kinda fun :oops:!

:lol: You should! There are just so many options and so many companies to look at, it was starting to give me a headache! I'll have to make a photo diary during construction, in case anyone else wants to buy the same one. :)

Thanks for the tip! I'd forgotten about that! :wave:

The one near me closed years ago, but there's one near my dad's house, so I've sent him! :oops: :lol:

:lol: You should! There are just so many options and so many companies to look at, it was starting to give me a headache! I'll have to make a photo diary during construction, in case anyone else wants to buy the same one. :)

Yeah definitely :D I still have some pictures (not as many as I wanted, unfortunately) and I'm going to make a blog/website of how I did mine, the prices, etc :) Always helpful to others! :D

Back