• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Challenges of indoor living for rabbits and guinea pigs - free John Chitty webinar

i wanna get controversial (says boobly bear :lol:) - his alternative ideas about how to let rabbits live in groups was single sexes but unneutered cos thats not natural & invasive (for the bucks). So advice to "just try" 2 single uncastrated bucks together. Irresponsible advice in my opinion . This being successful will not be the norm surely?

wtf

I wanna get controversial (says Boobly Bear :lol:) - his alternative ideas about how to let rabbits live in groups was single sexes but unneutered cos thats not natural & invasive (for the bucks). So advice to "just try" 2 single uncastrated bucks together. Irresponsible advice in my opinion . This being successful will not be the norm surely?

:shock::shock::shock: Oh my God.

I too feel asleep. I was in the land of nod by about 5.00 pm so I didn't stand a chance :lol: Looks like I will be listening on catch up as well.

I couldn't get any sound and got bored just reading the slides, so gave up :roll:

Awww :( Have you tried since? Did you click on join audio - that worked for me (but I couldn't stop paranoia they could hear my commentary on it all :lol:)

I know most people don't approve of tonic immobility but I do (Frances convinced me with her videos of bunnies eating whilst in the position) - I'm only advocating for vet use - avoiding GA's for xrays etc.

I think vaccinating house bunnies was addressed strangely (I'm being polite) & remain indignant that he feels you can't bond genuinely with rabbits (unless it happens during weaning) & the rabbit bonding idea were out to lunch entirely.

I have taken on board advice re CH, humidity etc

Just browsing through the other Webinars and there is one called ‘ How to care for the Crazy Cat Lady’ ! :lol:

How long til someone does one for the ‘Crazy Rabbit Lady’ :lol:

I know most people don't approve of tonic immobility but I do (Frances convinced me with her videos of bunnies eating whilst in the position) - I'm only advocating for vet use - avoiding GA's for xrays etc.

I think vaccinating house bunnies was addressed strangely (I'm being polite) & remain indignant that he feels you can't bond genuinely with rabbits (unless it happens during weaning) & the rabbit bonding idea were out to lunch entirely.

I have taken on board advice re CH, humidity etc

I have a feeling there will be much use of the phrase ‘utter ******** ‘ from me.

I seem to be going off script on just about everything these days.

Yep! I'd forgotten that part.

Yes I thought that was odd too!

I thought there were some good reminders in there as J&B and Sarah said (water on veg, central heating/humidity)
I’m also going to make sure mine go outside when the weather is warmer as I haven’t really done that previously.

Some things I definitely didn’t agree either though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a bit meh...not really a myxi risk & are you really risking bringing rhvd2 in on your clothes & shoes. Outdoor bunnies don't get urinary or respiratory problems hardly ever(tell that to Rudey whose partner died of RTI & he came to me totally congested & snotty as hell, he'd lived outside).

He said the benefit of higher supervision relied on us knowing whats normal for our rabbits & implied we wouldn't whats normal.

B&W rabbit (I'm putting him up for adoption BTW) liked many things said. We were interested in the idea of a more gradual introduction from moving outside to in & vice versa.

Back